Overhead Dome Light LED Brightness on 2006 Chevrolet Silverado

I am looking for some insight from other people that specialize in wiring and electrical. I own a 2006 Chevrolet Silverado Ext. Cab and I have recently installed an overhead console and wired it to a 10 amp circuit in the interior fuse panel using 16ga wire. Doing it this way, the LEDS are very bright, like I want them. Now I want to switch the wiring to the existing wiring from the BCM for OE functionality when I open the door or use the dimmer switch to turn them on. The original wiring is a GRY/BLK 20ga(?) wire that runs up the pillar on the driver side. When I tapped into this wire, the dome lights work like they should, but are very dim.
What should I do about this? I have considered running the oe wiring to activate a relay and running the 16ga I have installed through the same relay for power and ground to the dome lights. That way I get the brightness I like, and it retains OE functionality. Is this the way I should go or are there other options?

The led bulb has to matched with the proper dimmer switch. Truck dimmer is typically analog which reduces current/voltage to the bulb. Since the led is a computer, the computer requires some minimal power to operate correctLy. Without, the light output color can change.

Most basic led bulbs require PWM (pulse width modulation) for proper dimming without color degradation.

The leds in radios and IP are installed on computer boards that have circuits that convert the analog signal to a pwm. (This is how many of the new house bulbs can now claim that they are dimmable, an additional circuitry was added inside the bulb to do this conversion)