My truck was towed home now it won't move just revs in gear

My 2013 Silverado 4wd auto, was recently towed home because the alternator quit on me. Got it towed home, new alternator fresh battery, starts and runs fine. The problem now is when I put the trans in any gear it will not move just revs. Did the tow truck driver break my tranny? Or is there something else I'm missing here? Please help.

26 minutes ago, Deezy May said:

My 2013 Silverado 4wd auto, was recently towed home because the alternator quit on me. Got it towed home, new alternator fresh battery, starts and runs fine. The problem now is when I put the trans in any gear it will not move just revs. Did the tow truck driver break my tranny? Or is there something else I'm missing here? Please help.

Maybe the transfer case is in "neutral".

so long

j-ten-ner

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Deezy May said:

How was it towed home? Flatbed? Or a dolly?

58 minutes ago, Deezy May said:

It was towed with front tires on ground, while the back was raised up, for example see attached pic. 

DoG2nX1W0AUZHMU.jpg

Yikes, great example of how a Ford goes down the road.

Might check with the tow company to see if they disconnected any of your drive lines.

• Like 1

My understanding is that any AWD or 4WD should be towed on a flatbed or if hooked up the ground wheels on dollies. Chances are the tow driver may have dis-connected the trans link. As noted above check with the tow company.

Edited by Ralph Ciardullo