Upgrade to Brembo?

Has anyone upgraded their front brakes to the 6-piston Brembo option that offered on the GMC accessories website? I have a 2019 Yukon Denali and am thinking about it. Thank you for your thoughts.

What makes this an 'Upgrade'? Brakes don't stop trucks. Brakes stop wheel/tires. Tire friction stops the truck. If you can hit the brake hard enough to engage the ABS more isn't going to give you a shorter stop or less fade. It will empty your wallet. Tires are cheaper (street) and more effective for anyone but a pro. Not as much bling, I know. 

:lurk:

Have some popcorn and enjoy the show.

Have you looked into the PPV brake pads? (Police Pursuit Vehicle)

I was under the impression that they perform better than OEM.

Though I have no personal review, and can't verify if they are out for T1's yet.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, JZK26 said:

Thank you. So you’re saying not worth it. Ok, I’ll wait till my tires wear out. 

Did you know that the Tire Rack website reviews tires and in those reviews, especially in the printed versions, they have braking distance comparisons between tires on the exact same vehicle? Maybe yours are among them?

What I'm saying is not worth it UNTILL you have enough tire to prevent the ABS function in panic stop from the highest speed and load  you find common to your situation. Ever notice how easy it is to get the ABS to engage on ice? The ABS prevents lock up which reduces traction and is signaled by your wheel speed sensor. You likely already know that as I see Callaway. 

If you tow heavy and mountainous Surely you don't autocross a Yukon! Andy suggestion of the PPV pads may delay fade? 

• Like 1

What makes this an 'Upgrade'? Brakes don't stop trucks. Brakes stop wheel/tires. Tire friction stops the truck. If you can hit the brake hard enough to engage the ABS more isn't going to give you a shorter stop or less fade. It will empty your wallet. Tires are cheaper (street) and more effective for anyone but a pro. Not as much bling, I know. 

I was always amused that people who go through the expensive of upgrading rotors and pads when tires were the problem. My old truck has over sized tires. The stock brakes has no problems engaging anti loc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

So regarding the tires - I have the 22" Duelers that came with the truck.  Less than 1,000 miles on them currently.  I don't tow often, by my area is very hilly so need to brake coming down hills and the Low gear is helpful but would also want to make sure brakes (and tires :) ) are in top form.

get a set of the super grippy, noisey, and dusty "Green EBC" brake pads, and sticky race tires..

next upgrade is to modify the proportioning valve , for an even power brake distibution, unfortunatly  no one with enough brains has sat down to figure out how to modify the oem valve yet.

Edited by flyingfool
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/12/2019 at 1:35 PM, Grumpy Bear said:

You my friend have no clue. Stay in your lane.

• 1 month later...