In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Contacts from phone not syncing

Same issue called the dealer and they said that was strange ha.  They need to have the truck to diagnose but I'm not hopeful. The infotainment system on these trucks are getting worse not better. 15, 18 and now 20 Sierra Denali all have had problems with phone and syncing!  15 was the best but last 2 are terrible and my truck is my office so I need it to work...

Edited by Col. Brown

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have IOS 13.4 on my iPhone XR and still having contact sync issues.  Picked up 3500HD AT4 on March 20 and have issue since driving away from dealer.  Been on the phone with Onstar and apple with no fix.  Truck is in at dealer now as they are getting GM on the phone to help.  Reading the previous posts, I'm not holding out a lot of hope that this can be a simple fix other than replace the radio.  Will advise later what the dealer comes back with.

Brought into local GMC dealer in Twin Cities.  They spent hours on the phone with GM tech adviser.  Final resolve was this from GM:  "Advised GM is aware of this issue with the iPhone contacts on the 2020 IOT radios.  We have been seeing that this issue may be something engineering has to investigate.  NO REPAIR IS AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME.  AS ADVISED BY OUR STAFF, CUSTOMER TO USE APPLE CAR PLAY AS WAY OF CIRCUMVENTING RADIO ISSUES UNTIL GM RESOLVES THE PROGRAMMING SITUATION.

Service manager at dealer said that it could be months or longer for GM engineers to fix being there is no official recall's or notices at this time.  While I am still able to drive the truck fine, and for that matter love everything else about it, I do find it frustrating that one has to have a work around to circumvent an issue that GM knows about, and admits to knowing about, but doesn't seem to have any urgency in finding a fix.

On 4/18/2020 at 8:06 AM, Col. Brown said:

Thanks Hog, and I hate to say this but I think its time for me to look at other makes the next truck around.  Getting tired of paying big bucks for lackluster performance.  Thanks for your insight...

Have you had it in to the dealer yet?