• 5 months later...

I had the 2017 sierra Dinali 6.2 L in the cold air induction’s intake sounded amazing it sounded like a beast bought the 2019 GMC sierra Dinali 6.2 L about the cold air induction’s intake and it sounds like Stock I am so disappointed I expressed my frustrations to cold air induction’s and they could care less, don’t waste your money if you’re looking for something that sounds aggressive they completely missed the mark for the new generation.

Dictated by Siri

Tune it. do an exhaust as well. I’d be curious to see the results. My 2015 5.3 would mop the floor with that thing. I had bolt ons and an aggressive tune with cleaned up shift points, I don’t have the truck anymore and it’s been a while but I got factory specs at the tires when I did the dyno. I didn’t do a before only after everything was done. 

On 11/13/2019 at 9:12 PM, Leaman Griffin said:

I installed a Cold Air Inductions intake system on my truck and took it to a dyno to see if it made power...  surprisingly it did lol...

I'm glad to see you in the forum... I have watched multiple videos of yours on youtube... thank you for the grille disassembly video!

On 5/8/2020 at 1:16 PM, BMS said:

I had the 2017 sierra Dinali 6.2 L in the cold air induction’s intake sounded amazing it sounded like a beast bought the 2019 GMC sierra Dinali 6.2 L about the cold air induction’s intake and it sounds like Stock I am so disappointed I expressed my frustrations to cold air induction’s and they could care less, don’t waste your money if you’re looking for something that sounds aggressive they completely missed the mark for the new generation.

Dictated by Siri

Why would you buy an intake for sound? You should be buying it for performance lol

On 5/8/2020 at 11:56 AM, Sierra50BMG said:

Tune it. do an exhaust as well. I’d be curious to see the results. My 2015 5.3 would mop the floor with that thing. I had bolt ons and an aggressive tune with cleaned up shift points, I don’t have the truck anymore and it’s been a while but I got factory specs at the tires when I did the dyno. I didn’t do a before only after everything was done. 

exhaust gets annoying and can be obnoxious when dealing with gang bangers in south central LA, intakes only make noise when you want them to.  

16 hours ago, Dank27 said:

Why would you buy an intake for sound? You should be buying it for performance lol

I drive my 2020 992  911  for performance, my 6.2L Denali is used to haul guns and dirt bikes. Excuse me if I want to hear my 6.2L growl,  but that's not the point. The point is they significantly changed their product from one year to the next and could care less that I expected consistency. 

On 5/8/2020 at 5:58 PM, Buddy A said:

way too expensive to tune. Replace ECM to tune for minimal gains

Not really, cost me 100$ plus dyno time, and by watching this video here it appears I gained that 20% back, and I could get the tires to chirp at 70 mph. I’d say that’s a sizeable gain. 

Edited by Sierra50BMG

24 minutes ago, BMS said:

exhaust gets annoying and can be obnoxious when dealing with gang bangers in south central LA, intakes only make noise when you want them to.  

Sucks to live in South Central LA ? 

and with the insulation in these trucks the exhaust really isn’t that bad. Just did a Borla Atak on my 6.2 and with the windows up only time it’s loud is on takeoff, cruising isn’t that bad. I’m sure outside the cabin it’s noticeable. The 10 speed makes quite a bit of difference by keeping the RPMs down

Edited by Sierra50BMG

1 hour ago, BMS said:

I drive my 2020 992  911  for performance, my 6.2L Denali is used to haul guns and dirt bikes. Excuse me if I want to hear my 6.2L growl,  but that's not the point. The point is they significantly changed their product from one year to the next and could care less that I expected consistency. 

Lol ??
intake Growl? 

2 hours ago, Sierra50BMG said:

Not really, cost me 100$ plus dyno time, and by watching this video here it appears I gained that 20% back, and I could get the tires to chirp at 70 mph. I’d say that’s a sizeable gain. 

to the best of my knowledge, you can't tune a 2019 ECU. You must replace the ECU and then have that one tuned. A regular tune isn't bad at all. I have a 2008 ZO6 with a built 454 and it's tuned. So I totally understand the tune aspect. The newer computer not being able to be tuned is what I am referring to. 2018 and older are no problem

1 minute ago, Buddy A said:

to the best of my knowledge, you can't tune a 2019 ECU. You must replace the ECU and then have that one tuned. A regular tune isn't bad at all. I have a 2008 ZO6 with a built 454 and it's tuned. So I totally understand the tune aspect. The newer computer not being able to be tuned is what I am referring to. 2018 and older are no problem

Gotcha. I have no experience with tuning the newer ones. Didn’t realize the computer was such a cluster. I’ll look into it

Yeah, HP is charging 1400 for the exchange, that’s crazy. Sucks for the natural aspirators out there. Looks like I won’t be doing anything aside from exhaust lol which is good save me some money 

• Like 1