285/55/22 Nitto TGs on stock Denali

Will 285/55/22 Nitto TGs fit on a stock Denali with out rubbing or trimming? I read through all the threads and not sure if the people running these all did a level or not. I want to keep as is for now except to replace the horrible stock tires.

Thanks.

On 11/14/2019 at 9:11 PM, wurgs said:

Will 285/55/22 Nitto TGs fit on a stock Denali with out rubbing or trimming? I read through all the threads and not sure if the people running these all did a level or not. I want to keep as is for now except to replace the horrible stock tires.

Thanks.

I'm not sure but 285/50/22 fit perfect without level.

IMG_20191107_122315.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Ianwelch001 said:

Like the look! How close are you to rubbing? I'm ordering 305 45 22. Same size as stock but wider

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

There's probably an inch or so from rubbing fronts (didn't measure) but the running boards in the 3rd position just touch the side lugs in the rear so you might have an issue there.

There's probably an inch or so from rubbing fronts (didn't measure) but the running boards in the 3rd position just touch the side lugs in the rear so you might have an issue there.
Thank you, and what kind of tires are those and how do you like them?

7 minutes ago, Ianwelch001 said:

Thank you, and what kind of tires are those and how do you like them?

NITTO Ridge Grappler.  Significantly better than the stock garbage which did nothing but spin on wet pavement let alone snow.  I am usually a BFG KO2 fan but they didn't have the size I wanted and so far I like these better than the KO2s.  I would recommend them.

On 11/14/2019 at 9:11 PM, wurgs said:

Thanks.

You will need a level to fit those. Even with the level it scrubs ever so slightly at full lock and when the suspension compresses. 285/50/22 will fit. Less sidewall though. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I went ahead and got the Terra Grappler G2s in 285/50/22. They are a huge improvement in snow and on icy roads than the stock crap, and look a lot better also. There is no rubbing but does only have about 1/8" clearance when turned all the way. I'm very happy with them so far.  

• Like 1

On 12/26/2019 at 8:45 PM, wurgs said:

I went ahead and got the Terra Grappler G2s in 285/50/22. They are a huge improvement in snow and on icy roads than the stock crap, and look a lot better also. There is no rubbing but does only have about 1/8" clearance when turned all the way. I'm very happy with them so far.  

Post some pics! I'm on the same boat as you were before you upgraded your tires. Thanks!