Who's waited the longest for a part due to GM Strike

Anyone else experiencing excessive delays on parts when ordering GM Parts online?  I've been hearing the stories of dealers having trouble with parts availability but curious if anyone is seeing similar issues when ordering through the online GM part stores like GM Parts Direct, , etc...

Luckily I don't NEED my part but would sure like to have it.  I ordered the GM (Borla) Performance Exhaust from GM Parts Warehouse almost a month ago and still waiting.  I was hoping with the strike ended it would get back to normal fairly quickly but doesn't' seem to be happening.  In the end I know it is what it is and nothing I can do about it other than just wait.  So, what's the longest anyone has waited for a part to become available, either via dealer or direct purchase elsewhere...

4 hours ago, reardiff said:

Anyone else experiencing excessive delays on parts when ordering GM Parts online?  I've been hearing the stories of dealers having trouble with parts availability but curious if anyone is seeing similar issues when ordering through the online GM part stores like GM Parts Direct, , etc...

Luckily I don't NEED my part but would sure like to have it.  I ordered the GM (Borla) Performance Exhaust from GM Parts Warehouse almost a month ago and still waiting.  I was hoping with the strike ended it would get back to normal fairly quickly but doesn't' seem to be happening.  In the end I know it is what it is and nothing I can do about it other than just wait.  So, what's the longest anyone has waited for a part to become available, either via dealer or direct purchase elsewhere...

apparently getting a AC delco engine filter for me has now been weeks?  They sent me a fidget spinner and told me how much they care about me/order so here is something to bide your time with?  I am not making this chit up either.....So to answer your question I guess the strike effected me too.......

The GM Online sites are local dealers that sell online. So they are subject to the same lead times as other dealers.

Console preorders took a month to fill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting.. Never occurred to me these on-line sites were actual dealers vs an actual company.  I googled the address from 'contact us' at the bottom of GM Parts Warehouse site and sure enough it is the same as Eagle Chevrolet Riverhead NY.  

• Like 1

I was in an accident Sept 27th dropped off my truck on September 31st. Still waiting on several parts to repair. It sucks. It has almost taken the same amount of time to repair my truck as it did to be manufactured and delivered. 

Was in an accident and dropped my truck off at the body shop on Sept. 16th. They did what they could with non-oem parts, but still waiting on a rear bumper assy.

The customer service rep. at the body shop mentioned he had a nearly new Tahoe in a few days before me with extensive front-end damage (~$18k worth), and estimated it would likely be 6 months+ before they got it back on the road due to the many oem-only parts required for the repair. What would you do in that situation? Insurance usually only covers 30 days for a rental. Do you pony up the cash for a long-term rental? Do you buy another car in the meantime, and sell one of them when the repair is completed? Or...?

Edited by sonerick