In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
Kennewbike

RST Options???

I am ordering a 2020 Silverado RST tomorrow and want to know what options are a "must have"?  I am going to get a rear slider window, sunroof, leather with heated seats, Z71 package, and dual climate.  Are their any other options available that would be nice to have??  I have to get the RST package because I want the color matched front end and I'm lifting it 6".  Now I just need to decide what options to get.   Any help would be hugely appreciated!!

Convenience package II - gets the Infotainment 3 plus 8" HD touchscreen an voice command (IOS HD radio w/SD card capable of Nav upgrade), Bose system w/subwoofer, HD rear camera, power sliding window w/def grid, 120v outl;ets dash and bed, and garage remote

All Star/Texas Edition - buckets w/center console, dual climate, 10 way driver seat, heated seats, heated leather steering wheel, tilt- telescope column, Eaton rear locker (overlaps Z71 options), trailering package

Definitely going to need assist steps

• Like 2

I ordered mine with standard bed, Bose, bucket seats, 20” tires and wheels. I added amp power steps, tool box and GMC bed handle. I ordered the rear trailer cameras but did not order the lane safety stuff. I am 67 years old and did not want to lift. I love this truck and the 5.3 and 8 speed work just fine for me.

Get the heated steering wheel. I like it better than the heated seats. 

17 minutes ago, GMP said:

When I got my truck I couldn’t care less about the heated steering wheel. Then I actually used it last winter and absolutely love it now. I don’t know if I’ll get a vehicle without one going forward. 

Yeah you definitely want Convenience II. That is about “fully loaded” for an RST. Add in the safety packages and it’s as loaded as an RST can get with the Z71 package. 

Make sure you get the Z71 protection package. The wheel well protectors are great! 

And get a 6.2L while you’re at it. Lol. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, GMP said:

Heated steering wheel is standard on the RST, if I remember right. 

Safety package would be my big add. The blind spot warning and front sensors are nice to have. 

What everyone else said but please go 6.2 especially if lifting it. Gonna need the power! 

yeah I really dig heated seats and steering wheel....didn't think it would be big deal but it is, especially in a.m. before heater starts working.....dual zone climate is kind of waste but whateves…….would have liked the better infotainment tho, and I should have got bucket seats....I miss floor console I had on my other truck....5.3 is fine 4 me

7 minutes ago, Dunn said:

.....dual zone climate is kind of waste but whateves…….

Best addition since the FM radio. All depends upon who is sitting in the passenger seat and always too hot or too cold and screws with the controls.......once they hit the passenger temp control the sync is turned off and they can cook or freeze themself without annoying my comfort zone or my ears.

just so close to each other I cant tell a differernce between 2 climates in mine, idk....

• Like 1

Happy with Convenience Package II and All Star, both in mine. I have the Z71 and am regretting the purchase, the suspension is horrible and my back end has bucked a few times so now I no longer use it at the ranch. It's now sitting in Dana Point while I use the F-250 since I drive about 15 miles on dirt road every day. The forth time my RST did that, that was enough for me. It has to be shuddering at the right rhythm for to happen and will still continue sliding off the road even if I'm not hitting the gas or the brakes. It's really bad. The twin tube shocks is a no-no. Instead of changing shocks, I decided to make it a long-commute vehicle since it gets great gas mileage and the F-250 is now a ranch truck. I have been driving on dirt roads for 30 years so I know a thing or two, the RST was the only one that has done it.

Edited by Wiggums

I would suggest 6.2 also. When I finally give up my 2012, well, whenever, I plan on getting the RST, Z71 with a 6.2. I was so stocked to see they added it as an option. What color are you going with?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk