285/70/18 with 2” RC leveling kit

I know this has been beat to death but I’ve spent countless hours on this site trying to find SOMEONE out there that has 285/70/18 tires on a 2014 Chevy Silverado with a 2” level. Specifically nitto ridge grapplers. Anyone out there have this setup? If so, do the tires rub and how bad or do they even rub at all??

Shouldn't be an issue. I'm running 285/75r17 with nothing but Bilstein leveling shocks. So I have 1.85 inches of level with 33.9 inch tires. Tires you mentioned look to be half inch smaller in diameter. I rub the bottom of the plastic wheel well liners at full lock in reverse. But not enough to worry about it or need to fix. Some zip ties on the liner to pull it back should be enough to eliminate for good.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

There's a pic of mine with 275/70/18 toyo open country m/t's. Obviously this size doesn't rub on these trucks. I just have yet to find anyone with 285/70/18's with a 2" level.

truck.jpg.d80b165a14ddec9a74d35777fcb57107.jpg

285/75r17 are 33.9 inches and fit. 285/70r18 are 33.4 inches. You'll be fine.

There's a pic of mine with 275/70/18 toyo open country m/t's. Obviously this size doesn't rub on these trucks. I just have yet to find anyone with 285/70/18's with a 2" level.
truck.jpg.d80b165a14ddec9a74d35777fcb57107.jpg

Thanks for posting, I’ve tried confirming this and couldn’t find anything but “I think it should work.”
I wanna put these on my truck next.
Running a motofab 2” in the front

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shouldn't be an issue. I'm running 285/75r17 with nothing but Bilstein leveling shocks. So I have 1.85 inches of level with 33.9 inch tires. Tires you mentioned look to be half inch smaller in diameter. I rub the bottom of the plastic wheel well liners at full lock in reverse. But not enough to worry about it or need to fix. Some zip ties on the liner to pull it back should be enough to eliminate for good.

Yes but you’ve also got aftermarket wheels with different offset which makes a big difference especially with stock wheels!!

Sent from Above

4 minutes ago, 74Sprint17SierraATX said:

Thanks for posting, I’ve tried confirming this and couldn’t find anything but “I think it should work.”
I wanna put these on my truck next.
Running a motofab 2” in the front

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No problem. I've had them on my truck for 5 years now with 55K miles on them. Never rubbed not once when brand new. They are 33.6 x 11.

Yes but you’ve also got aftermarket wheels with different offset which makes a big difference especially with stock wheels!!

Sent from Above

Fair enough. They are zero offset. But the 33.4 inch tire should be more than small enough to make up for that.

28 minutes ago, jimbowattz said:

Fair enough. They are zero offset. But the 33.4 inch tire should be more than small enough to make up for that.

Nitto website says the ridge grapplers in 285/70/18 are 33.98 x 11.5

Stock wheels have approx plus 28 offset which makes a huge difference, I learned the hard way. Most tire stores will test fit when requested.

Sent from Above