2017 1500 LTZ Z71 4x4 Crew Cab 6.6’ bed TOTALED BY 18 WHEELER Where can I find another one?

This was my first Chevy (long time Dodge owner) And definitely the nicest truck I’ve ever owned. This thing was LOADED, cooled heats, steering wheel heater, power running boards, Bose, etc.. Well I got rear ended by an 18 wheeler going 70mph on the interstate who didn’t see traffic was stopped in front of him! Needless to say the truck is a total loss. I am thoroughly impressed how rigid the truck was and held up during the crash. I want the same truck again, I really want my truck back, but I know that is not a possibility. So I am back with buying used again, which is no problem for a low mileage truck. Where my problem is, is that 99% of all the 17-18 LTZ’s I look at have the 5’8” bed on the quad cab. 
Where is a good place to look for LTZ Z71, with the quad cab and 6’6” bed?? 

6.2L would be a plus because my wife likes to talk trash about 5.3’s when her hybrid Tahoe has a 6.0L in it. But it’s a hybrid, how does that even make since?? 

The full size bed on a crew cab wasn't an option most people got so you're going to need to search far to find one. Cargurus seems to find a lot of cars for sale so I'd get specific on the filters and start there.

22 minutes ago, amxguy1970 said:

That is a 70 mph hit? Looks much less than that. Most people want the shorter bed on the cred cab so it fits in a standard garage. If you want that specific set up you will have to look across the country.

Tyler

Yes, I don't think this thread would be here if the 18 wheeler hit at 70 mph.;-)   I have a CC std. bed and find the extra length doesn't limit my parking.  The width is usually the problem.  This being said, I'd choose the short bed next time.  I had one before and real life experience for me has proven no advantage to the larger bed length.  Op may want to thing about if there really is a need for the longer truck.

That is what the police report shows. Who really knows how fast he was going but the speed limit is 70 on the interstate. I will agree, the pictures do not do it justice, but when you see the vehicle in real life you can see the extent of the damage. The bed is folded up, and pushed into the back of the cab. 3 herniated discs in my neck and back. 
I like the look of the longer bed, which is why I want another one. If I didn’t care about the looks I’d go back to Dodge, but the silverados look way better. 

27 minutes ago, LshizzleJ said:

I’d love to! But when you look closer it gets worse. Needs a new cab and doors too. Then you have all the damage on the front end + suspension too

Yeah, I saw the cab damage too.  Nothing is not fixable these days.  I've been watching guys on youtube do frame swaps and cut out quarts and graft used ones in from donors and check out this one:

But your baby is probably already been sent to auction so you'll have to prepare yourself to travel across country to find that rare gem again.

Edited by swathdiver

49 minutes ago, LshizzleJ said:

That is what the police report shows. Who really knows how fast he was going but the speed limit is 70 on the interstate. I will agree, the pictures do not do it justice, but when you see the vehicle in real life you can see the extent of the damage. The bed is folded up, and pushed into the back of the cab. 3 herniated discs in my neck and back. 
I like the look of the longer bed, which is why I want another one. If I didn’t care about the looks I’d go back to Dodge, but the silverados look way better. 

Sorry about your injuries.  I can see it was an awful crash and  my comment about speed was not intended to lesson the significance of such an accident.   I agree that the looks of a standard bed crew cab Silverado/Sierra is preferable but not enough to be a high priority, imo.

Edited by Donstar