In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

6.2L tuner?

41 minutes ago, Rob Mugs said:

It 100% is

Lift your rear end up 1/2" off the ground and spin the wheels to 100mph in the air.  Drop it down and watch everything shatter.  This is the extreme but torque management hinders performance for durability 

I think we have a language barrier.  I’m saying gradually adding hp or torque is easier on the drivetrain, and you tell me I’m wrong and then say the same thing.  I think.  

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, SILVER SLED said:

I think we have a language barrier.  I’m saying gradually adding hp or torque is easier on the drivetrain, and you tell me I’m wrong and then say the same thing.  I think.  

Lol I think Rob missed your post where you got on the same page because you're both saying the same thing now. Rob did word it to where it could be taken either way the first time but is correct that GM tunes the throttle to be easy on the drivetrain and is a bit sluggish. If you want to see what kind of beast the 6.2 really is put a throttle sensitivity booster on it but be cautious and prepared to buy more tires. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ridnwild said:

Lol I think Rob missed your post where you got on the same page because you're both saying the same thing now. Rob did word it to where it could be taken either way the first time but is correct that GM tunes the throttle to be easy on the drivetrain and is a bit sluggish. If you want to see what kind of beast the 6.2 really is put a throttle sensitivity booster on it but be cautious and prepared to buy more tires. 

LOL.. I did misunderstand... Been a long day!

Long story short, torque management sucks for performance but rocks in the sense of a daily driver

Edited by Rob Mugs
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Rob Mugs said:

FWIW, I plan on ordering Chris' option since I first started looking just for having the Window UP via keyfob function.  The fact it comes with oodles more is icing

I'm also a sucker for a small business over large corps ?

Only if it weren't missing DFM and Auto start/stop disable. The only things this has over the Pulsar that I'd want are tap to pass count, window up, and maybe remote start run time.

I purchased and installed the Pulsar LT on my 2020 6.2 AT4. My first impressions are it does what it says it will do. I purchased it mainly for the speed limit increase, DFM disable, Auto Start/Stop Disable. All of that works as described. As far as the throttle sensitivity feature, I couldn't tell a difference in quicker takeoff like the throttle commander. As far as I can tell it acts more like the tow mode to where when you push the throttle it will kick down much more quickly and hold the lower gear for longer. It's a daily driver for me and I prefer the normal factory mode so I leave that turned off. Bottom line is it does what I wanted it to do but if you want a boost in performance then you should probably wait for something else or go with the HP Tuner.

Update:

I've been playing with the throttle sensitivity feature and found that it actually is way more sensitive than factory. I leave mine on 3 now for daily driving. It's almost too sensitive to take off without spinning the tires but it does not hold you in lower gears like the higher settings. Very happy with my purchase so far. 

Edited by ridnwild

Glad to hear the market is making progress on this. HP has always been my go to but not for an arm and a leg and a voided warranty. I’m down to hold out for a bit and wait for something else to come along. Would be nice to delete the DFM, adjust governor, and Speedo for tire size

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I read through this entire post and I'm somewhat surprised that it didn't pick up again.

In researching a tuner for the 2020 Silverado RST Black Widow 6.2 I purchased last week it seems the ECU lock has been broken???

Has anyone tried one if the tuners? 

I was trying to research Superchips and Diablo.

They are both claiming hp/tq gains.

Thanks on advance for any info/feedback. 😁

Edited by Lobe50

8 hours ago, Lobe50 said:

I read through this entire post and I'm somewhat surprised that it didn't pick up again.

In researching a tuner for the 2020 Silverado RST Black Widow 6.2 I purchased last week it seems the ECU lock has been broken???

Has anyone tried one if the tuners? 

I was trying to research Superchips and Diablo.

They are both claiming hp/tq gains.

Thanks on advance for any info/feedback. 😁

Here ya go! 

https://www.diablosport.com/uncategorized/2019-2020-gm-5-3-6-2-tuning-now-available-predator-2/

5 minutes ago, clowe1243 said:

Interesting.  When I search for it by vehicle, it doesn't come up.

It's not available for a 21 yet. It should be soon.  I bought the Pulsar LT before it was listed for the 21's and it works just fine. 

On the fence about the new tuner.  Don't really want to send ecm in and stuff.  And for that price it can be tuned including unlocking the ecm by a place about and hour from me for the same price.  And for that price I could probably spray my way into a 12 second time slip.  

16 hours ago, TNTSilverado said:

Thank you...I did find this and Superchips, but seems Superchips is claiming more gains. I was wondering if this was marketing trickery or it actually had better results? Lol.   

So I was hoping some members might have hands on experience?

On 1/18/2021 at 1:59 PM, Dallas Kiezik said:

Hearing rumours that there is tuning coming that requires one to send in the ecu to get unlocked that is not HP tuners. Anyone else hear any tuning updates

If there is, what's the price difference vs risk?  HP Tuners has been doing them awhile.  From what I have seen, it means ripping open the ECU and ungluing parts.  Not something I'd just let any shade tree mech do 

On 8/3/2021 at 7:36 AM, TNTSilverado said:

I'll echo an earlier post on user's experiences of the tunes mentioned from HPtuners, Diablosport, or others with these trucks.  

Coming from a 2003 GMC Sierra Denali, with the 6.0L/4L65, with a basic tune, where the company sent me the modified ECM and once installed, I returned my original back. Through the years of ownership, read through forum posts from different sites of user experiences and comparisons, Diablosport, HP Tuners and Blackbear named the majority of the time.

That said and after following the link and watching the video provided, I'm on that fence of really two choices that I know of.

Now that I recently own this 2019 LTZ, with the L87 6.2L/10 speed transmission, truck has previously installed long-tube headers and now has a S&B CAI installed. With having my truck down nearly a week for the exchange, I 'm considering buying another ECM($250), to mail in for the tuning under the vin number. 

For the long-tube headers, I need to delete the rear O2 sensor, to remove my current associated codes of P0158(O2 sensor circuit high volts/Bank 2 Sensor 2), P014A(Fuel/Air metering), where both tunes can address, as I understand. 

With the above in mind, would the choice break down to choose, as I've read good review history for both -

Diablosport that suit my purposes for my immediate needs for the codes and performance basics for drivability, along with smoothing out some of the shift points in the transmission?

If I had plans to add cams, new heads or supercharger type mods, I'd go HP Tuners, correct?

I have talked to a local tuner for my truck a couple months ago and the price was a bit higher for the exchange(~$1300) and would cost me an additional $1000 for the dyno-tune. 

I do like from Diablosport, that they tune my ECM and return it back. Predator 2 7222-R ($629.95)

With HP Tuners, the "L84 & L87–E90 Modified ECM Exchange Service", the exchange a tuned ECM for your original ECM ($699.99+$19.99 (mpv12 usb)). 

Sorry for the long post, just trying to break it all down from reading/researching, while learning about this new truck.

Edited by DenaliSS
punctuation/spelling
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...