Seat Belt Reminder and why don't I have one?

Gstorm

Hello, bought a new 2019 GMC Sierra 2500 SLT Diesel, paid a bundle for the truck and yet the first time I carried a passenger without his seatbelt connected I find out there's no seatbelt warning indicator for the passenger!

I'm also assuming all the airbags will deploy in an accident even if your the only occupant. Don't get me wrong, I like the truck but for what I paid that's pretty darn chintzy.?

On 11/27/2019 at 4:05 PM, Gstorm said:

Hello, bought a new 2019 GMC Sierra 2500 SLT Diesel, paid a bundle for the truck and yet the first time I carried a passenger without his seatbelt connected I find out there's no seatbelt warning indicator for the passenger!

I'm also assuming all the airbags will deploy in an accident even if your the only occupant. Don't get me wrong, I like the truck but for what I paid that's pretty darn chintzy.?

I would welcome that as a positive!   I am sick of the nanny stuff that the OEM's foist on vehicle buyers.  

At the top of my console mine has a plastic blank in the place of your warning symbols.  My point is when you pay over $80,000 (Canadian) dollars you should probably expect to see it included. Strange omission.

I am reminded about a early Letterman bit he did on a Johnny Carson show and it seems apropos.  He was talking about those that make dog food that prevents constipation.  He couldn't figure out the down side to his dog being constipated!   Why screw up a good thing!  Seems the same here.   That some stupid light, warning alarm, or whatever doesn't work, really, I can't seem to find a down side if that were to happen to me. 

On 11/27/2019 at 5:05 PM, Gstorm said:

Did you get it fixed yet?

Edited by redwngr

Cowpie your probably right, in this day and age your passenger should have sufficient smarts to do up his or her seat belt regardless of a reminder light besides it's not my head going through the windshield. ? But geez it still strikes me as an obvious cost cutting measure and because it's not required by law we won't put one in. Even the cheapest econo cars have em. Now you got me all upset? I'm going to get a coffee. Cheers 

Oh and Thomcat, I did have a couple of chunky friends seat in the passenger seat, there is no warning indicator that turns on indicating your airbags are active. Maybe it's a cooled seat issue if you have cooled seats then no seatbelt reminder, not sure. At least your ass will be cooled as your flying over the hood of your truck.?   

Did they also eliminate the seat and right curtain airbags? Airbags can cause damage if triggered and the passenger is not belted.. And did they also eliminate the warning sticker on the passenger visor? Maybe more than just the lighted indicator is missing.

My traverse has cooled seats and also has the airbag indicator lights.

Edited by Thomcat

16 hours ago, Gstorm said:

Cowpie your probably right, in this day and age your passenger should have sufficient smarts to do up his or her seat belt regardless of a reminder light besides it's not my head going through the windshield. ? But geez it still strikes me as an obvious cost cutting measure and because it's not required by law we won't put one in. Even the cheapest econo cars have em. Now you got me all upset? I'm going to get a coffee. Cheers 

Oh and Thomcat, I did have a couple of chunky friends seat in the passenger seat, there is no warning indicator that turns on indicating your airbags are active. Maybe it's a cooled seat issue if you have cooled seats then no seatbelt reminder, not sure. At least your ass will be cooled as your flying over the hood of your truck.?   

Check your owners manual there info in there on the seat belts. https://my.chevrolet.com/content/dam/gmownercenter/gmna/dynamic/manuals/2020/chevrolet/silverado-2500-3500/2020-chevrolet-silverado-owners-manual.pdf    Starts on page 50 but your possibly info is on page 79 your overhead seatbelt display is different from our US version.