2020 Denali tri mode running board too high

I just picked up my 2020 Denali 1500. I ordered it with the tri mode running boards thinking they were going to be better than the running boards I had from Ford on my lariat that’s were Ford oem... I was wrong. 

the tri mode running boards while are good in theory, are absolute garbage. They extended out but do not lower enough making it very awkward to get out and in and I find myself 80% of the time just over extending my legs and stepping over them. 

I searched through about 15 pages here and didn’t find anything so thought I would ask. 

does anyone know if we can add a spacer at the mounting point that would drop the boards or if there is some other modification that can be done to make them lower when extending down? 

I have my shop getting me a couple quotes on some AMP boards to install but I would prefer to keep OEM, also with the dash switch allowing control of them is nice but I’m willing to give it all up if I can’t figure out a solution. 

3CB34E09-BA1F-4B42-B22F-1BCCBCA18E74.jpeg

Edited by Drj1014

• 7 months later...