truck pulling to the right when 4wd is on

hello everyone,

i have the baja kits pre runner kit upper and lower control arm, 3.0 kings, running bf Goodrich 35 on my truck. im having issues and not sure whats causing  it. When on auto or 4 hi as soon as i accelerate my car throws me to right when i amcruising its kinda fine only when i hit the gas it really throws me to the right. Went to the dealer and they said your tires is causing the issue change them which dose not make sense because i was on a 6 inch lift before swapping to the baja kits and king shocks all was fine.  Went to the alignment shop and they told me the bolt is as tight as it can be we cant do anything more. A little confused on what might be the issue ... did you guys have similar issue ? do not want to go for the dirt king alignment cam if my issue is not alignment. would be great to know your thoughts 

•  

If it's only in 4wd it's not an alignment issue, the geometry doesn't change cause of the front diff being engaged. If it drives normal except under hard acceleration you are feeling torque steer like a higher powered front wheel drive car.

there is a reprogram /recall on 4WD where the brakes lock up and cause it to pull. call/contact your local dealer to see if your vehicle falls with in this recall. 

N192261050-01: Safety Recall - Unexpected Pull To One Side - (Nov 20, 2019)
Subject:  N192261050 — Unexpected Pull To One Side

999999995.gif
Models:  2014–2018 Chevrolet Silverado
2014–2018 GMC Sierra
2015–2020 Chevrolet Suburban
2015–2020 Chevrolet Tahoe
2015–2020 GMC Yukon

Release Date: November 2019

Revision: 01

Revision Description:This bulletin has been revised to include the WCAP Program and the Canadian UVCP program for used cars. The customer letter has been added. Software has been made available for model years 2014-2016, and 2018. Please discard all previous copies of bulletin N192261050.

Attention:

It is a violation of Federal law for a dealer to deliver a new motor vehicle or any new or used item of motor vehicle equipment (including a tire) covered by this notification under a sale or lease until the defect or noncompliance is remedied.

This is a phased launch.

Vehicles involved in this recall were placed on stop delivery October 24, 2019. Software is now available for model year 2014-2016, and 2018-2020 vehicles. Once the service procedure contained in this bulletin has been performed on the vehicle, the vehicle is released from stop delivery and the vehicle can be delivered to the customer.

We anticipate software availability for model year 2017 vehicles in the very near future and will revise this bulletin when software is ready.

All involved vehicles that are in dealer inventory must be held and not delivered to customers, dealer traded, or used for demonstration purposes until the repair contained in this bulletin has been performed on the vehicle.

Make

Model

Model Year

RPO

Description

From

To

Chevrolet

Silverado 1500

L83

GU4

5.3L Engine

3.08 Rear Axle

GMC

Sierra 1500

Chevrolet

Suburban

Chevrolet

Tahoe

GMC

Yukon

Involved vehicles are marked “open” on the Investigate Vehicle History screen in GM Global Warranty Management system. This site should always be checked to confirm vehicle involvement prior to beginning any required inspections and/or repairs.

Condition

General Motors has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in certain 2014 – 2018 model year Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra 1500 vehicles equipped with four-wheel drive, a 5.3-liter engine, and a 3.08-ratio rear axle, and certain 2015 – 2020 model year Chevrolet Suburban, Chevrolet Tahoe, and GMC Yukon equipped with four-wheel drive, a 5.3-liter engine, and a 3.08-ratio rear axle. If a wheel-speed sensor fails in these vehicles, a software error in the vehicle’s electronic brake control module (EBCM) can cause the vehicle’s driveline-protection system to activate when (i) the vehicle’s electronic transfer case is set to four-wheel drive or automatic mode, and (ii) the vehicle is driven between the speeds of 41 and 60 MPH. If the driveline-protection system activates, the driver will experience unintended braking on the wheel on the opposite side of the failed sensor. (Same axle.)

Correction

Dealers will reprogram the electronic brake control module (EBCM).

Parts Information

No parts are required for this repair.

Edited by jay webb

• 1 month later...

I’ve been having the same problem, I have king 2.5 with resi’s and a total chaos Uca. I’m running 34 bfg’s. Took it to the alignment shop to get rechecked and he said everything is where it needs to be. I’ve narrowed it down to when being in auto and accelerating, the steering wheel pulls left but the truck goes right. In 2wd I have no issues. Another side note is I did not notice this until after the dealer performed all the recalls on the truck. When I called them they are not being very helpful and trying to blame the suspension.