AT4 Owners: Audio check in please, rear speakers barely audible?

Last night I decided to mess with the speaker fade settings because my backseat passenger said the audio wasn’t normal back there. When I faded to the rear speakers it sounded like 2” speakers were installed in the back. As soon as I faded two positions forward, everything sounded great again, up front...

12 hours ago, KC Desert said:

Last night I decided to mess with the speaker fade settings because my backseat passenger said the audio wasn’t normal back there. When I faded to the rear speakers it sounded like 2” speakers were installed in the back. As soon as I faded two positions forward, everything sounded great again, up front...

I tried this today, and can confirm they sound horrible in the back, like there is no power to the speakers.

In the middle of fader it sounds pretty good. 

1 minute ago, twofish said:

I tried this today, and can confirm they sound horrible in the back, like there is no power to the speakers.

In the middle of fader it sounds pretty good. 

Thank you for confirming, now what LOL. 

2020 Chevy Silverado 2500 - Bose rear speakers sound like an 92 Honda Civic on FM, not tape. 

Agree on getting a stereo shop to bring in some sound. I asked on a new thread where the sub is located. Got crickets.

Overall, not impressed. 

On 12/2/2019 at 5:41 PM, KCJackson1 said:

While you're all-rear on the fader, try adjusting the equalizer (start with bass) to see if that brings out more volume and power to the rear speakers.

I tried that and nothing. It is going back to the dealer again. Trip #6. 

• 4 weeks later...

Normal.  K2 trucks did this as well.  As does the current Colorado/Canyon.  The front speakers up in the dash right against the windshield are designed to do the heavy lifting and acoustically transfer sound through the cabin.  The doors, both front and rear don't do all that much. 

Edited by newdude