biggest tire to fit in the spare tire undercarriage?

im contemplating buying the exact factory 20" wheel & tire I have on my truck and replace the spare tire with it, so that when i put the spare, i have the exact size tire and wheel, sort of like a wrangler jeep.

what is the biggest tire that can fit in there anyone know?

im on a 275 60 20 tires, would that fit under the bed, yall think its too big n heavy to lug around as a spare? i haul a truck camper, so i want to be prepared if i get a flat.

cm.jpg

• Like 1

Same question was asked in this thread so it should answer your question.

Also I think you’ll want to check to see what the max load capacity for the factory jack is if you aren’t planning on upgrading it. Don’t matter how pretty the spare is if you can’t get the truck in the air to put it on.

Edited by wforrest08

I've had the snowflake wheel as a spare with a LT285/60R20 tire and there's still plenty of room to spare (pardon the pun)..

I recently changed to a new set of wheels and 295/70R18 tires with a spare to match but I haven't put the spare up there yet.  I don't think I'll have any issues with it fitting.