Chevy Tonneau Cover - Cyber Monday

10 hours ago, JAshworth03 said:

Kind of dark, but I did my best.

This is the MX4 on my 2019 High Country

IMG_3950-min.JPG

Good design, rear of cover fits behind the tailgate and won't interfere with the motorized tailgate.

26 minutes ago, Thomcat said:

Good design, rear of cover fits behind the tailgate and won't interfere with the motorized tailgate.

Yeah the fit is fantastic.

I had to get in there and close myself in the tailgate and then adjust a little.  My goal was to get the seal as close and tight as I could at the tailgate, but still allow it to open and close as designed.  Once I got it just right, I tightened that thing way down so it wouldn't move an inch!

I love the look.  In the past I had used the $150 soft folding Tonneaus from Tyger, which were great, but were not a premium product like BakFlip makes. 

If you end up getting one, a install tip.  They give you drain tubes that let water from the track run towards the cab and then go down a drain tube that you insert into a bed plug so the water goes outside of the cab.  The drain tubes are way long.  If you try to install as is, the water will just sit in the drain tube and eventually wash into your cab because they just coil up and don't have any slant or grade to promote water movement.  Cut them down so they are almost perfectly straight (obviously leave a little give).  This will allow the water to flow freely through the plug and out of the cab.

I attached a picture that shows the drain tube they gave me (really long) along with the size I actually cut down to!

IMG_6289-min.JPG

Edited by JAshworth03
Adding picture.
  • Like 1

Truckalterations.com is letting the MX4 go for $780. Was almost about to pull the trigger and get it directly from BAK but then I read a post that someone got theirs from this website too. Emailed them directly asking for the best deal and they immediately responded with a price of $780. Got here super quick and the install took about 45min.

20191211_125515_compress96.jpg

I always pay attention to tonneau covers which can handle with climate and temperature changes as well. If it's not reliable, I don't even think about buying it. This great website  ( https://truckcoverexpert.com/best-retractable-tonneau-covers/ ) showed me some options to choose from, and by reading pros and cons of every model I've made my decision to Roll-N-Lock LG447M cover.

Edited by juniorss454

On 12/2/2019 at 12:31 PM, Matthew Robert said:

Hello,

Anyone owns any of the below? How do they fit? any water leaks?
I found some great deal and want to make the purchase before it expires today from this website.

- BAKFLIP MX4 - $772
- BAKFLIP G2
- Extang 2.0
- X4 Rollup
- Sentry CT
- Retrax Pro - Retractable

Thanks!

hey man all i know is i bought a tiger something tri fold for a 6.5' bed 2500hd and fit on 01 03 and a 06 dodge and its relentless great product.

On 12/12/2019 at 10:57 PM, juniorss454 said:

I always pay attention to tonneau covers which can handle with climate and temperature changes as well. If it's not reliable, I don't even think about buying it. This great website  ( https://truckcoverexpert.com/best-retractable-tonneau-covers/ ) showed me some options to choose from, and by reading pros and cons of every model I've made my decision to Roll-N-Lock LG447M cover.

Have you put the Roll N Lock on your truck yet?  Thoughts after installing?  I just picked up the 6'6" bed AT4 and am researching covers.  (coming from two BAK Revolvers that were decent)

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/2/2019 at 1:40 PM, Thomcat said:

Most covers will make the '19s motorized tailgate inoperable if they touch the top cap of the gate, which most have to do to get a rainproof seal. Any pressure or resistance on top of the gate and it will not open with either the keyfob or dash button.

OEM version with the appearance package has been modified to leave a 3/4" gap between the bottom edge of the tonneau cover and the top edge of the tailgate. A 3" curtain on the back of the tonneau seals against the back of the tailgate and any water forced in under pressure flows down the inside of the tailgate and out the bottom gap to the ground....and none gets onto the floor of the bed. The OEM cover, or equivalent type if you can find one,

permits motorized gates to open and close just fine.

DSCN0724.JPG.2c8c52a005122d05a5d5f26da8a95d19.JPGDSCN0726.JPG.65ed5e46101fa4f48f82cd595fdb2c51.JPGDSCN0727.JPG.5c7674ff3a3b1536879abd6b1e8015db.JPG

I just installed this on Monday and Ive very happy with it. I got it for a steal brand new so it worked out well budget wise too. The rubber seal near the tailgate works great once it loosens up and drapes down. All in all great cover for being OEM.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/2/2019 at 12:01 PM, Matthew Robert said:

I found on this site...it's after their discount, rebate, and no tax...you can see the price at checkout. Seems like some mistake but it's working using code FRIDAY at checkout.

Hey Guys,

Doing lot of research and found this post on here. Does anyone know if this deal is still good or what's the best offer I can get on truck bed covers for my 2020 Chevy?

Thanks for the help!