In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

2019-AT4

AMP Research Running Boards on T1 / Preferably AT4

Has anyone installed these on the new T1?  Looking for pictures of them in the retracted position.  I've heard that they don't hide well on the new T1 body style.  

3 hours ago, 2019-AT4 said:

Has anyone installed these on the new T1?  Looking for pictures of them in the retracted position.  I've heard that they don't hide well on the new T1 body style.  

I was looking into getting them as well but like you stated they don't hide as well compared to the previous gen trucks.   Ended up just getting regular steps.  If i were lifted I would have opted for the XL steps to conceal them better but think on a stock truck they would deploy to low. 

Not sure what your definition of "concealed" is, but they were just as noticeable on my 2017 as they are on the 2019.  If someone knows they are there and is specifically looking for them, they can be seen.  Otherwise, they blend right in with the frame.  

I'll put it this way...any of the other step options are going to be WAY more noticeable than the Amps!  😂

Edited by lapoolboy
  • Like 3

46 minutes ago, lapoolboy said:

Not sure what your definition of "concealed" is, but they were just as noticeable on my 2017 as they are on the 2019.  If someone knows they are there and is specifically looking for them, they can be seen.  Otherwise, they blend right in with the frame.  

I'll put it this way...any of the other step options are going to be WAY more noticeable than the Amps!  😂

Truth. I hate running boards, but needed them for aging family members. Amps are definitely the least noticeable, and way lower key than even the factory retractable ones. 

E95E0C6D-51A4-4268-A505-B94F5EA3867B.thumb.jpeg.166a948ff6a8ec9a2fbda4306d287d38.jpeg

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, OnTheReel said:

Truth. I hate running boards, but needed them for aging family members. Amps are definitely the least noticeable, and way lower key than even the factory retractable ones. 

E95E0C6D-51A4-4268-A505-B94F5EA3867B.thumb.jpeg.166a948ff6a8ec9a2fbda4306d287d38.jpeg

That looks pretty damn good 

1 hour ago, Kickerz71 said:

19375dbd1efa923ef0bfbe562e32a70c.jpg

I like mine, hides well and they feel like a natural step into/out of the truck.

Which part number do you have? 

I have the amps.  Definitely better than standard running boards, however, they don't sit as flush to the body as I'd like in the retracted position.   They sit perfect when installed on a Tundra.

Anyone run these in extreme winters? I live in Minneapolis but do a lot of work in northern Wisconsin, Canada, UP of Michigan and North Dakota.

Trying to decide if I need the Amps with two motors.

Tom

I live in Northern Canada, but this will be my first winter.

I figured that I have nothing to loose since they are warranted for 5 years if I’m not mistaken. I have the 2 motors so for no issues

After talking to AMP today I ordered the Extreme Steps with two motors per side.

Should have them by Friday and maybe installl Saturday.

Tom

I have them on my AT4. They tuck decently but not as well as on dome other models. It doesn’t bother me after a year with them on though