Installed gmc REV hard folding cover

Ended up picking up the REV GMC hard folding cover and installed it today.

Of course it's been snowing in western NY today so my truck was covered in snow and did it inside my garage.

I have a 2019 denali with the spray in bed that comes with it.

The bulkhead they send you is too thick and will leave the seal sticking up on the bulkhead so I discarded it for now. I will used a much thinner on depending on if it leaks there in the front.

Also you can see in the pic, that with the rails installed it still leaves a slight gap in between the rail and front corners of the bed. I will be buying some black putty or duct seal and fill that gap.

Installation isn't to bad although in my smallish garage it wasn't easy lifting the cover alone to put on the bed. Took me about 20 minutes of adjusting to make sure the tailgate could open with just the press of the button.

Here's some pics.

Also I will update tomorrow after the bed dries and I put it through the car wash.

cdb49cedf29b0774ad337070b2312ea7.jpgf89f5d8b850bac4de1f3a4fd356b48dc.jpg82f8241699c1f0fa0c6223c9a92de967.jpgcf768de9712f0bdbac572a6032eb2bdb.jpg57e84b2df458b552c06ec60301539ec9.jpgfc6d417d10f9bf83acee4d55a5ff05e4.jpg411ac0067c69a91e9f71f9397398efb6.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I have the same cover. You will soon find out it leaks pretty bad. I do like your idea of maybe using duct putty. I was thinking about using black RTV sealant but I like the putty idea better. Other than it leaking I Iike the way the cover functions and overall look.

I have the same cover. You will soon find out it leaks pretty bad. I do like your idea of maybe using duct putty. I was thinking about using black RTV sealant but I like the putty idea better. Other than it leaking I Iike the way the cover functions and overall look.
Where does yours leak

The cover looks great to the original poster.  I’ve got the same one my selling dealership installed on my 2018 Sierra Denali Ultimate, I can honestly say it hasn’t leaked.   I keep a box of my work overalls, and coveralls in the pickup bed and they are dry....no issues.  Only been through 1 or 2 washes but no problems....

Did you apply the weather stripping to the front?  On my High Country that was a huge difference maker.

Also, shorten your drain tubes in the front.
I had the weather strip in front first but it's to thick and keeps the rubber seal from the cover sticking up so I removed it

4 hours ago, Ianwelch001 said:

I had the weather strip in front first but it's to thick and keeps the rubber seal from the cover sticking up so I removed it

I am at work now, but will try to take some helpful pictures when I leave.

I have a High Country and BakFlip MX4 which should be the twin to your Denali and GMC Rev.

Stay tuned.

I am at work now, but will try to take some helpful pictures when I leave.

I have a High Country and BakFlip MX4 which should be the twin to your Denali and GMC Rev.

Stay tuned.
I appreciate it. I heard mixed comments about adding the weather strip having the bed liner the like HC and Denali have.

I have the Factory bed liner on my At4 and I used the weather strip along the front. It doesn’t leak from there just the corners. I would put the weatherstrip on to help with the front but that will still leave your corners that leak.

4 hours ago, Ianwelch001 said:

Try placing the seal on the back edge of the bulkhead. I originally had mine in the middle of the bulkhead but it interfered with the rubber weatherstrip. Bakflip sent me a new one and when placed on the rear of the bulkhead it does not interfere with the weatherstrip. I dont have a bedliner though so that may not work for you. I can take some pictures later today if you would like.