"Minor technology enhancements" for 2021

On 12/9/2019 at 10:32 AM, bharris515 said:

Anyone know what these "minor tech enhancements" are supposed to be for 2021 models? I read mainly software updates. I wonder if it'll be something that can be added to 2020 models. That is if its even something worth adding....

This is per GM Authority...not much additional info but looks like trailering/camera software updates at the least.

One of the main areas of improvement for the 2021 model-year pickups will be the software and trailering camera systems, which recently received a major upgrade with the latest generational changeover executed for the 2020 model year.

Interior of 2021 1500s and 2022 HDs are supposed to get a major overhaul. I’m surprised trailering will change already. Love my trailing tech and cameras in my 2020 HD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope all this interior re-do is minor, altogether. GM's setup isn't the flashy, gaudy interior of the upper level RAMs and I hope it never gets that way. Some want a larger screen, that's fine. Make it optional on every trim, not standard on any trim. Other than the screen and a few color choices to the trim, I think most buyers are quite pleased with the K2 interior layouts.

• Like 3

Adaptive cruise control will probably be one of those minor technological updates. 

This makes sense. My loaded AT4 HD has everything needed for this but doesn’t actually have it. I was a bit confused why.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Pastusak.t said:

They have had lane departure warning. Not the active Lane keep assist 

Lane Keep Assist was added for 2017. 2014-16 had Lane Departure. 

Y86 - Enhanced Driver Alert Package, includes (UHX) Lane Keep Assist, (TQ5) IntelliBeam headlamps, (UHY) Low Speed Forward Automatic Braking, (UD5) Front and Rear Park Assist and (UEU) Forward Collision Alert, Safety Alert Seat

32 minutes ago, jlong1984 said:

Lane Keep Assist was added for 2017. 2014-16 had Lane Departure. 

Y86 - Enhanced Driver Alert Package, includes (UHX) Lane Keep Assist, (TQ5) IntelliBeam headlamps, (UHY) Low Speed Forward Automatic Braking, (UD5) Front and Rear Park Assist and (UEU) Forward Collision Alert, Safety Alert Seat

Fair enough. I didn’t see it before but I still own a 2016 so...??‍♂️

for whatever it’s worth this thread is about the HD’s and HD’s still do not have it even In the 2020.

Edited by Pastusak.t

3 hours ago, Pastusak.t said:

They have had lane departure warning. Not the active Lane keep assist 

Hmmmm....

We had one that would 'bump' the steering to maintain the lane. 

Operating description from the 2016 Sierra owners manual:

Lane Keep Assist (LKA) (1500 Series) 

If equipped, LKA may help avoid crashes due to unintentional lane departures. It may assist by gently turning the steering wheel if the vehicle approaches a detected lane marking without using a turn signal in that direction. It may also provide a Lane Departure

Warning (LDW) system alert as the lane marking is crossed.

The LKA system will not assist or provide an LDW alert if it detects that you are actively steering. Override LKA by turning the steering wheel.

LKA uses a camera to detect lane markings between 60 km/h (37 mph) and 180 km/h (112 mph).

50 minutes ago, redwngr said:

Hmmmm....

We had one that would 'bump' the steering to maintain the lane. 

Operating description from the 2016 Sierra owners manual:

Lane Keep Assist (LKA) (1500 Series) 

If equipped, LKA may help avoid crashes due to unintentional lane departures. It may assist by gently turning the steering wheel if the vehicle approaches a detected lane marking without using a turn signal in that direction. It may also provide a Lane Departure

Warning (LDW) system alert as the lane marking is crossed.

The LKA system will not assist or provide an LDW alert if it detects that you are actively steering. Override LKA by turning the steering wheel.

LKA uses a camera to detect lane markings between 60 km/h (37 mph) and 180 km/h (112 mph).

Yeah I was thinking of the HD’s. 1500 has it but the HD’s, according to gmc website, do not.