has anyone heard about there being a constraint on the gas engine??

So come to find out the build I ordered back on October 6th is STILL at event code 1100, and when I questioned my dealership on why it's still on 1100 and asked them why they don't have any allocation to make the order, they told me that "no one does right now, the gas engine is on constraint"  So they are saying that no one has allocation for a gas engine 2500hd because gm won't let them order one.

Are they giving me the run around, or is this legit?

If you want a white gas Denali think my local dealership been sitting on one for since end of September. Never mind just checked not on lot now. Was there up to last week.

Edited by IdoMRI
can't delete

I heard that was the case last year and possibly the year before that, where the vendors couldn't provide components for the 6.0L gas engine so they weren't available and the majority of 2500HD and 3500HD trucks were diesels. I was told this when I was shopping for a used 2017-2019 2500HD 6.0L truck and was finding very few of them compared to the diesel models. This very well could be the case again... but I haven't heard anything about it yet.

3 minutes ago, skorpyd said:

I ordered a 3500HD gasser on 11/21/19 and haven't heard anything from my dealer.  

Can someone please tell me what is TPW

Target production week. You going to have a wait time. My original TPW was first week of Oct placed order beginning of Sept and didn't get built till last week of November. The strike caused a big back log of production.

9 hours ago, bowtie2007 said:

On both gmc.com and chevrolet.com, there is a button on the bottom right labeled Chat Now. Click that and it will give an option to check vehicle order status through chat.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Thanks much

Yes, my dealer in North Texas reports severe allocation limitations on “1SA" & “3SA" trucks and 6.6L Gas Engine equipped GMC Sierra 2500/3500HD trucks.

On 09/06/19, I gave my dealer an order for a 2020 Onyx Black GMC Sierra 2500HD “SLE” Trim Level Crew Cab - Long Box - 4-Wheel Drive - 6.6L Gas Engine equipped truck with Jet Black Cloth Interior.

On 12/11/19, GM accepted my order.

I have not received any delivery info.

I ordered a 2020 Sierra  2500HD Denali in mid-June. We quickly learned that the L8T gas engine is on constraint. It’s still on constraint. Some dealers have speculated why but  for the most part no one knows why. GM is still advertising the availability of the engine but it’s not very available. One dealer told me GM is  only applying 5% of the engine production to Sierra. Donlen shows the constraint as “TBD.”  It’s frustrating. Half a year later I still have no build date.