Upcoming test drive on a 2015 Silverado 2500HD 6.0L...

This weekend I will test drive a 2015 crew cab 4x4 2500HD 6.0L that has been very well taken care of and has less than 15k miles.  What are the things I should look for?  I have seen a few posts about exhaust manifold bolts but is there anything else that you can think of?  I would like to go in with a list of known issues so I don't miss anything.  

Thanks! 

Yep, it has tow mirrors.  The heated ones with the turn signals and the spot lights.  Manual folding and extending though.  What happened to yours? 

What do you think of the truck otherwise?

It was owned by an older gentleman that only drove it a little each year.

Take it up to highway speeds, and check for the dreaded "chevy shake." If you notice a shake/vibration at higher speeds, then address it with the dealer. 

Also find out the build date. The late 2015 models were known as 2015i and are more desirable. 

• Like 1

On 12/10/2019 at 7:31 PM, 03 Cobra said:

Yep, it has tow mirrors.  The heated ones with the turn signals and the spot lights.  Manual folding and extending though.  What happened to yours? 

What do you think of the truck otherwise?

It was owned by an older gentleman that only drove it a little each year.

Tow mirrors twice...power folds though. Great truck. Has anything been done to truck like battery or coolant flush, trans flush, brake flush. Might be time due to age and sitting.

Sierra Boy

just know if you lower the tire pressures down to like 50 PSI the truck rides so much better but the MPG may drip a bit - no need for over 60 PSI unless your hauling  ... I run 45 front & 50 rear which may/may not set off my tire monitors - I still get 70,000 miles out of the Michelin's but the front tires wear a bit more on the outside edges - I rotate them every 10,000 miles +-

Thanks for the input and comments!  I brought the truck home Saturday.  No shake, no problems, no regrets!  It was funny...I rented a car one-way to go get the truck.  It happened to be a Nissan Altima and on the way there it averaged 48 mpg!  I left on full and 3 hours later the gauge was still on full.  Then I bought the truck (6.0 gas) and left on full and 3 hours later I was...well...not on full any more!!!  We laughed about the difference in mileage the whole way back.  Still no regrets and I love the truck.  Glad to be in the HD club finally ?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 03 Cobra said:

Thanks for the input and comments!  I brought the truck home Saturday.  No shake, no problems, no regrets!  It was funny...I rented a car one-way to go get the truck.  It happened to be a Nissan Altima and on the way there it averaged 48 mpg!  I left on full and 3 hours later the gauge was still on full.  Then I bought the truck (6.0 gas) and left on full and 3 hours later I was...well...not on full any more!!!  We laughed about the difference in mileage the whole way back.  Still no regrets and I love the truck.  Glad to be in the HD club finally ?

excellent choice!  welcome aboard.

Awesome. I love my 2015 even with crap mileage.

Folks with Chevy Shake should also look at rims. I got new shoes this summer, and discovered a bent rim when shake wouldn't go away. It was less prominent before, but new knock-off rim from EBay fixed it!