Could this be the new dash??

oldmann

They could but they won’t. They’ve wanted to differentiate the full size line since 14 and they won’t go back to same interiors. IF they change the interior of the truck, expect the same cluster and steering wheel - since those are on the 2021 Tahoe. Interior looks damn good and so does the rest of the truck. They did a great job.

• Like 1

The steering wheel is the same as the 2019-20 Silverado. 

I like it except the push button shifter. I'm still a fan of the old school column shifter. However, I would prefer the push button over the dial Ford uses in the Expedition. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, oldmann said:

Last night they dropped the new Tahoe and Suburban.  They are T1 based.  They could use this interior in the tucks.

2021 Chevrolet Suburban interior.jpg

I like it, but I agree, GM has always kept the Truck and SUV interior separate.  MotorTrend once again flamed GM for the Silverado and Sierra “cheap looking” interior.  I like mine but I hate to say that RAM’s interior is a bit nicer.

9 minutes ago, fatwhiteboy said:

I like it, but I agree, GM has always kept the Truck and SUV interior separate.  MotorTrend once again flamed GM for the Silverado and Sierra “cheap looking” interior.  I like mine but I hate to say that RAM’s interior is a bit nicer.

I am not sure what you mean.  The SUV interiors have been the same as the truck since the Suburban's inception 85 years ago except for the latest iteration.  Even my 2013 Silverado LTZ had the SUV dash.

Edited by oldmann

I love the interior of my Silverado.

That being said, if I had the money I would absolutely buy a new Suburban!

Those things drove amazing before.....cant imagine how good they'll drive now.

Not to mention, the new Suburban and Tahoe look the best they've ever looked!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, oldmann said:

Last night they dropped the new Tahoe and Suburban.  They are T1 based.  They could use this interior in the tucks.

2021 Chevrolet Suburban interior.jpg

absolutely love my T1 including everything about the interior.  That being said, these new Suburbans looks incredible!  Like someone else said, best they have ever looked.  I still think i prefer the current T1 interior for a truck though, compared to this.  Few quick things i notice are the trailer brake controller in the SUV interior above is back over on the left side as it was in the GMT 900 & K2 trucks.  Much prefer where it is on the T1 trucks now in the center stack.  Also looks like all the switches for various options (auto stop, lane keep, park assist, etc) are on the left side of the steering wheel in the new interior.  Like them way better where they are currently in the trucks.  I guess the only thing i would maybe like in my truck from this interior is the larger infotainment screen...  Overall, happy to see where GM is headed with the SUV's!

Edited by 2k19Sierra

I was just going to submit the same thing! Yes I also think this Will be the new one. I would have liked seeing more of a dodge or Tesla display along with the buttons on the touchscreen instead of dash. Clean it up a bit. Add more tiles to the display for these functions. But everyone may not be on board yet with controlling their physical buttons and knobs from a display yet.

29 minutes ago, Christopher Murphy said:

I was just going to submit the same thing! Yes I also think this Will be the new one. I would have liked seeing more of a dodge or Tesla display along with the buttons on the touchscreen instead of dash. Clean it up a bit. Add more tiles to the display for these functions. But everyone may not be on board yet with controlling their physical buttons and knobs from a display yet.

Touch screen controls in a moving vehicle are not appropriate in my opinion. When driving, tactile feel and feedback makes it easier to do things without looking. If I have to tap down several menus to control things, I'm going to have to look at the screen - taking my eyes off the road.   I'm a tech guy by trade and love touch screens when used in the proper scenario. However, a vehicle dash is not that place - give me knobs and buttons for the frequently used stuff....

Speaking of frequently used stuff - the bottom row of icons on the infotainment screen should be programmable- I should be able to put the 4 or 5 things I use most often there rather than take what GM thinks I should have there :)

• Like 3

I do not like it - I am happy with my 2019 RST. I don’t understand the obsession with interiors now days? The more “space age” look seems to flip the switches if many? I am more interested in ride, comfort, towing, payload, etc. These are trucks not luxury sedans or space capsules.  

• Like 1

Too much of this interior just wouldn’t fly in a pickup. Tiny switches and door handles (not passing the “glove test”), weird shifter, carlike dash with a relative lack of storage, even the infotainment placement and style...none of it is practical for the truck market and GM wouldn’t risk it. The Ram manages to look fancy while maintaining great “truck functionality”. This interior isn’t that.

Before it was revealed, I thought maybe they’d try to share interiors to save costs, but it’s clear after seeing this...the SUV and truck are on two entirely different trajectories, at different price points, and the vehicles are intended for two entirely different markets. 

Whether you like this interior or hate it, it doesn’t much matter unless you plan to migrate to the SUV.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Snuff said:

I do not like it - I am happy with my 2019 RST. I don’t understand the obsession with interiors now days? The more “space age” look seems to flip the switches if many? I am more interested in ride, comfort, towing, payload, etc. These are trucks not luxury sedans or space capsules.  

I fully agree with you but those of us who want mid level, simple, practical and reliable vehicles seem to be in the minority these days.