New Infotainment System Update v148 / Radio won't shut off issue

Yesterday my 2020 2500HD Silverado LT started to leave the radio on after I parked the truck and opened the driver's door. I cycled the Ignition button a few times with my foot off the brake and the radio stayed on, so I just had to power it off. Then every time after that it has done the same thing after parking the truck. This morning right when I got to work I got an Update Notification for the Infotainment System which said it takes 12 minutes to install. I will install it later today, but searched and found this thread already started in the 1500 forum. Is the radio staying on issue happening to anyone else?

I posted in the other thread about my experience.

I didn't have the issue with the radio staying on.  Perhaps it stays on to complete the update download?  Mine only prompted me to download when I was at my house when it's connected to my home WiFi network.

After that, the install is very specific in terms of application.  The truck needs to be turned off.  The radio will stay on, and there are a few items to acknowledge for its install to begin.  After that, there are your typical progress bars as the update is applied.  The last thing it will do is optimize the apps to work with the new update.

10-12 minutes is about the length of time it took to complete.  So far, I haven't noticed anything significantly different, but I really haven't spent much time in my truck since the update completed.

• Like 1

Mine stayed on when I got to the airport yesterday and I didn’t have time to mess with it so just pushed the power button and it seemed to shut off. Was wondering what was going on and hopefully it just needs to run the update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine started this exact same behavior yesterday.  I opened the door after the ignition button was shut off, my infotainment and gauge display stayed on.  I tried starting and shutting it down about 8 times, with both key fobs.  After I returned from my son's practice last night the update message appeared and I initiated it and never returned to the truck to see what the result is.  I'm guessing that the software update has nothing to do with this glitch, because it seems that it's random and has been occurring on the 1500's from '19 model year as well.  I have to say that I was way more impressed with the infotainment system in my '15 Sierra HD than the '20. 

I ran the update and the issue with the radio not shutting off after engine is off and opening the door has not happened again. I think it may have been something tied to the update being available/ready to install?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, in the other thread someone said that the infotainment center will stay on if there is an update available.

I tried to install the update tonight after I parked the truck in the garage and it said that I could not install the update at that time because it wasn't the best situation and time to do the install. I was thinking that the OnStar signal wasn't good enough while parked in the garage.

I installed the update yesterday morning when I parked in the parking lot at work. It gave me the notification again when I put it in park, before I shut the truck off, and then ran through a couple of acknowledgement screens. The only difference I noticed was my radio was changed to Sirus XM channel 2. My phone connected to the BlueTooth automatically and hopefully it keeps connecting consistantly compared to before when it wouldn't connected a majority of the time with BlueTooth. I would have to use the USB cord to connect my phone usually just for calls.

• 1 year later...

I started having this same radio staying on problem and couldn't figure out why. A couple of days after the first time I noticed it was happening, I parked my truck and forgot to manually shut off the radio. The next morning, the battery was dead and I had to jump start it and the check engine light was lit up, so I figured it must have thrown a code. The next day, I took it to the dealer and while I sat in  line for the service department the infotainment system said it need an update so I downloaded the update. By the time it finished updating, the check engine light turned off. I left it at the dealer and explained the issues. They had the truck for 11 days and couldn't find anything wrong after conducting a series of tests (supposedly). They told me they even had a Chevrolet Tech come out and he couldn't find anything wrong nor could he see any indication that the truck ever threw a code. I will say that so far, the update seems to have fixed the problem because I haven't experienced it since. One thing is for sure, the radios are NOT designed to stay on after you leave the truck. If you are having that problem, go into your settings on the infotainment system and download the update and hopefully that will fix the problem until the next problem arises.

I haven't had this problem on my 2020 Sierra HD yet, but my 2020 Acadia Denali had this problem a few weeks ago out of the blue. I'd pull in the driveway, kill the engine and the radio would stay on. Around the same time, I noticed a software update was available but I decided not to do it at the time. Once I finally did it a few days later and completed the update, the radio turned off like normal whenever I turned the engine off and opened the door.

• 1 month later...