2021 Tahoe & Suburban Reveal Event In HD

On 12/13/2019 at 9:49 AM, Paul Spencer said:

I am indeed interested as well.  The larger, modern, info system is what I was waiting on.  Hopefully the Dealers order in NON-Black interiors and max tow packages, so I don't have to custom order.

What is the deal with the all black interiors? Haven't any of these people ever lived in an area where it gets hot in the summer? Black leather is the worst.

9 hours ago, therapy said:

What is the deal with the all black interiors? Haven't any of these people ever lived in an area where it gets hot in the summer? Black leather is the worst.

Amen.  I really think that Dealers are given incentives to order and force customers in certain directions to limit stocking various colors and inventory.  Black sitting in 95 degrees is hot.  At least they have remote start now days ?

4 hours ago, Paul Spencer said:

Amen.  I really think that Dealers are given incentives to order and force customers in certain directions to limit stocking various colors and inventory.  Black sitting in 95 degrees is hot.  At least they have remote start now days ?

It's not the dealers, it's GM.   Apparently the only interior color on a 2500 Silverado is  black unless you get a High Country. That didn't make the guy who lives in the desert very happy. 

Edited by SILVER SLED

9 hours ago, Paul Spencer said:

Second this. I think across all brands, probably 90% of interiors on lots are black, probably 98% for GM. I don't get the fixation. The lighter colors work better in a large cabin and make it feel more open and airy. Plus, it's not that just the seats and leather trim is black, it's that they go full coal-bin and make everything monochromatic black. 

My 2018 Suburban has the tan interior, which has almost zero black plastic in it, and it honestly looks and feels like something from a Mercedes-Benz. Amazing how far a simple cosmetic change can go.

Edited by Mandalorian
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Mandalorian said:

Second this. I think across all brands, probably 90% of interiors on lots are black, probably 98% for GM. I don't get the fixation. The lighter colors work better in a large cabin and make it feel more open and airy. Plus, it's not that just the seats and leather trim is black, it's that they go full coal-bin and make everything monochromatic black. 

My 2018 Suburban has the tan interior, which has almost zero black plastic in it, and it honestly looks and feels like something from a Mercedes-Benz. Amazing how far a simple cosmetic change can go.

Great to hear.  The reveal in video shows the tan as well.  Personally, I think it hides the dirt better than black as well.  

On 12/12/2019 at 12:56 PM, bigred460 said:

Great information. The air ride suspension is exactly what I need for towing. Big reason I'm switching from Ford to GM.

Actually, it might be something I'm concerned with.  I pull a 6k travel trailer, and I like how my WDH puts more down force on the front end, not just simply adding air to the rear end.  GM says to let auto level do it's thing, then add WD bars.  I would love some real world feedback on how well this works.  I posted in the 2015-2020 Forum and no great input.

20 hours ago, therapy said:

That is why leather sucks in general, not sure about the fixation on it as cloth is almost all around a better material. Any leather gets hot, doesn't matter if it is black or tan, our tan leather gets very hot to the touch (and cold) here in Texas. Honestly I would rather have a black interior it shows so much less wear and dirt over time. For those that actually work and get dirty, black hides all that. My brother does pools, the tan interior on his previous vehicle to his current black is night and day difference in appearance after being used. 

I do like color variations though. My green silverado would have looked good with a brown cloth interior but the seats were a light tan and they wouldn't have looked good in a few years. Bring back dark blue and maroon to the table or even a charcoal grey. 

Tyler

Edited by amxguy1970

3 hours ago, amxguy1970 said:

For those that actually work and get dirty, black hides all that. My brother does pools, the tan interior on his previous vehicle to his current black is night and day difference in appearance after being used. 

Just because you can't see the dirt, doesn't mean it's not there. 

Also, probably not many people are using Tahoes/Suburbans as pool repair vehicles. 

4 hours ago, amxguy1970 said:

That is why leather sucks in general, not sure about the fixation on it as cloth is almost all around a better material. Any leather gets hot, doesn't matter if it is black or tan, our tan leather gets very hot to the touch (and cold) here in Texas. Honestly I would rather have a black interior it shows so much less wear and dirt over time. For those that actually work and get dirty, black hides all that. My brother does pools, the tan interior on his previous vehicle to his current black is night and day difference in appearance after being used. 

I do like color variations though. My green silverado would have looked good with a brown cloth interior but the seats were a light tan and they wouldn't have looked good in a few years. Bring back dark blue and maroon to the table or even a charcoal grey. 

Tyler

Before I had kids, I spent weeks tracking down a Sierra SLE2 with bucket seats and cloth. I really wanted the cloth seats for exactly that reason.

after I had kids, I realized the one huge advantage to leather is how easy it is to clean.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/15/2019 at 10:38 PM, therapy said:

The look of an all black interior is what drives people. I personally love it. But i live in the Northeast.... As with all new drops I feel theyll open it all up over the next 6-8 months of production.