Engine Oil brand

AMSOIL is all I have every used since the 1980's.  It in my current 2017 Sierra Denali CC 6.2L (28,000+), in my two Polaris RZR 900's and my John Deere X738 Snow Blower. Would not use anything else, change oil once a year (min 15,000 miles) in the Sierra, go longer in the other equipment. My 2016 RZR 900 has 2,000 miles and 3 yrs on the same oil change, Had it tested this fall, still good to use.  Note, only gets used about 5 months a year and parked for the winter. I got a DeVilbiss (Craftsman) 5hp air compressor that been running with AMSOIL compressor oil since the 1980's and never been changed out.  I just want to see how long is will last, over 35+ yrs so far and just used it the other day.  

Everyone in my family (brother, nephews etc) use AMSOIL in the following vehicles;

• 2017 GMC Sierra SLT 4wd
  • 2018 RZR XP 1000
  • 2019 GMC Sierra Denali CC K3500 D/A
  • 2018 Silverado CC 1500
  • 2016 Polaris Sportsman
  • 2006 Honda 680 Rincon
  • 2017 CanAm 400
  • 2006 CamAm 650
  • 2012 Cadillac SRX
Edited by elcamino
  • Like 1

All good advise above.

The bottom line, Dexos Gen2 on the bottle and Walmart if you want to save money.

Amsoil Signature Series 0w20, 5w20, 0w30 and 5w30 is Dexos Gen 2 just may not be stamped on the bottle.

Edited by Texasdeere

Valvoline is all I have ran for years in my Fords, so I don’t suppose there’s much reason to change now that I’m in the GM camp. (Just bought a new 2020 Denali after 20 years of Ford trucks...this is actually my first post here. lol)

I work for Valvoline though, so in fairness, I’m biased.  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, TXGREEK said:

Approx cost for Amsoil oil and filter:

$80 for 8 quarts

$15 for the Amsoil Oil filter, $10 Wix XP oil filter , both will capture down to 20 microns of dirt, now that’s superior protection.

$90- $95.00 and that’s if you do it yourself.

Mobil1 changed every 3-4K miles will be sufficient.

Sent from Above

How do you get it down to $10 per quart? I’ve been using amsoil signature series and I’ve been paying $13 per quart. 

Magnatec is a made up word :) Intelligent molecules :crackup:Cling to protect :rollin:

a64a4483-577b-47c3-9168-6efe6f6495f1_1.ef2bf8396730fa5f53e6bec3d50745f2.jpeg?odnWidth=undefined&odnHeight=undefined&odnBg=ffffff97933d19-a297-4f59-9a1a-bf9f319d63db_1.2cbf7bfd7069b98e3e65c09b1d79607e.jpeg?odnWidth=undefined&odnHeight=undefined&odnBg=ffffff

That molecular 'cling' isn't magnetic. It's polar and it doesn't do so because it 'decided' to after long thought. It's the O2 bond of a Group V. 

I wouldn't get all worked up over low concentrations of Titanium additives either. Remember Penzane in Pennzoil?

Ever wonder why it is no longer in the market? 

1 hour ago, bshort said:

I use the black one.  Amsoil is for suckers.  

Marketing is for suckers.

Edited by Grumpy Bear
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RE1 said:

How do you get it down to $10 per quart? I’ve been using amsoil signature series and I’ve been paying $13 per quart. 

Pay an annual preferred customer membership of like $20. 25% price reduction on all products.Price drops to $10. But then you still have shipping until you exceed $100

• Like 2

Any properly spec'd quality syn changed at a reasonable oci with a quality filter.....change the name on the bottle to any of the majors and the same results are acheived 200K miles down the road.  Over the years I've used Mobil 1, Pennzoil Platinum, Quaker State Ultimate Durability, Valvoline SynPower, NAPA Syn (Valvoline) and Castrol Magnatec.....in truth just pick your favorite color bottle or whatever is on sale.

Nooooo! $20 Annual membership and you get free shipping on $100 or more.

Sent from Above
  • Like 2

Pay an annual preferred customer membership of like $20. 25% price reduction on all products.Price drops to $10. But then you still have shipping until you exceed $100

And that’s easy to do lol

Sent from Above
  • Like 2