Any problems with 2019 Sierra 1500’s

I thought RPO code MQE is what every 2019 8-speed is and doesn't designate what fluid is in it? I could be wrong though. With conflicting info on whether it was post 3/19 or post 7/19, is there any way to figure it out? 

Edited by hotrodz37

1 hour ago, hotrodz37 said:

I thought RPO code MQE is what every 2019 8-speed is and doesn't designate what fluid is in it? I could be wrong though. With conflicting info on whether it was post 3/19 or post 7/19, is there any way to figure it out? 

Yes, all the 2019 8 speeds are MQE. But they changed the fluid for trucks built 3/1/19 and thereafter. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, econometrics said:

Yes, all the 2019 8 speeds are MQE. But they changed the fluid for trucks built 3/1/19 and thereafter. 

Is there any literature stating this is the case? Just curious, I have read people mentioning it but haven't found anything specific via GM. 

Thanks guys! 

2 minutes ago, hotrodz37 said:

Is there any literature stating this is the case? Just curious, I have read people mentioning it but haven't found anything specific via GM. 

Thanks guys! 

There's a TB out on this, yes. It's posted in another thread somewhere, ha. 

• Like 1

No issues here except for the few recalls.  The only thing I noticed is the ride seems pretty close to my previous 2500 Diesel and not the other previous 1500s that me and my wife have owned.  Maybe the tires?  Don't know and really don't care....love the truck.  

1 hour ago, brwk said:

No issues here except for the few recalls.  The only thing I noticed is the ride seems pretty close to my previous 2500 Diesel and not the other previous 1500s that me and my wife have owned.  Maybe the tires?  Don't know and really don't care....love the truck.  

Looks like you have the Z71. What made my RST Z71 ride much better was taking the rear tires down to 32-35 PSI (I’m not hauling or towing hardly ever), and keeping the fronts at the 32 PSI the door sticker recommends. 

Before this, running the rear tires at 38-40 PSI was like riding a horse with the less-than-desirable Rancho OEM shocks. 

On 12/18/2019 at 4:06 PM, bamorris2 said:

Well thank you everyone for your feedback on issues with these trucks. I sealed the deal on Monday night and I’m now driving a 2019 Sierra SLT 5.3 with the 8 speed tranny. Came from a 2016 F150 XLT. So far so good. A few minor annoyances. First, I didn’t discover until I got it home that the infotainment system does not support hands-free text messages unless you use CP or AA. Very disappointing but I’ll live with it. Other thing is a small rattle that seems to be coming from the rear headrest area. I’m very sensitive to noises and rattles so will undoubtedly spend time trying to fix it. But overall I’m very happy with it so far. I have not experienced the bad transmission shifts the reportedly plague the 8 speed. One of the others (same year/make/model) that I test drove did, but not this one. Ironically though, it was build on 8/2/2019 on a Friday. Hopefully the old wives tale about Friday trucks isn’t true.

just to confirm. You’re not able to press and hold the “talk” button in the steering wheel to activate Siri eyes free? That’s how I do it on my ‘18. Really hope they didn’t change that on the new trucks.