Help, Rear brake line busted along with a stripped brake line nut

So my rear brake line busted from the abs module back In my 2001 all my other brake lines seem rust free and looks to have been replaced not to long before me buying it. This line though is covered in rust. I went ahead and cut the rusted line out and went to try to get the nut out that’s right before the hose that goes into the splitter in the back with a socket But this nut is stripped like no other. I even tried Vice grips as a last resort but no luck. My question is that connection where the brake line goes into the hose is there anywhere online I can order that or am I stuck fighting with a stripped bolt. I haven’t touched the bolt near the abs though it seems to be fine and doesn’t looked stripped just a pain to get to. Any help or advice is appreciated! 

Can you get the other end of the jounce hose (going into the splitter on the axle) off?  If so, then just replace the line and the jounce hose, or you can then work on it off the vehicle and see if you can undo and and re-use the jounce hose (I would just replace it though).

Any idea where I could find This hose I believe I could get unhooked from the splitter, however not sure where to get the hose or the connectors from the hose to the steel line. 

2 hours ago, davester said:

Can you get the other end of the jounce hose (going into the splitter on the axle) off?  If so, then just replace the line and the jounce hose, or you can then work on it off the vehicle and see if you can undo and and re-use the jounce hose (I would just replace it though).

Ahh okay thanks I’ll check that out because at this rate that nuts not coming loose. From what I’ve seen looking at the hose you are talking about the medal end connectors seems to look like it has the end wear the brake line screws into? Am I right? Or would I need something else to connect the two? . I appreciate the help on this! 

Just now, davester said:

I don't know about the one for your truck, but for mine the pics for the hoses show it has the splitter for going to each of the two lines across the rear axle.

Thanks man I found it for mine, just ordered it looks to be similar to what you are saying I’ll try to get that done this weekend when I’m off again! I appreciate the help as this should make things go a lot smoother for me.

Well, I wouldn't use a torch on it as it would likely damage the abs unit itself (as I don't know what seals are near each port on the inside of it).

As you've cut the brake line, I would put a box-end wrench on it, and put some force on it both ways (first to loosen it, then to tighten it) to get it loose, and once it's loose then unscrew it.

Riskier would be to cut the brake line a bit shorter, and use a impact wrench on it set to a low pressure, and set to unscrew it.

They are only supposed to be torque to about 20 ft/lbs, so they aren't tight from that.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Personally I’d hit it quick with a torch; I mean very quickly and then work it back and forth with an impact on low. You don’t want to snap it off. I’ve been there done that. What a hot mess you have on your hands. I’ll be doing the same job this Spring and replacing with Nickle-Copper lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 1/7/2020 at 9:47 PM, tigers2007 said:

Personally I’d hit it quick with a torch; I mean very quickly and then work it back and forth with an impact on low. You don’t want to snap it off. I’ve been there done that. What a hot mess you have on your hands. I’ll be doing the same job this Spring and replacing with Nickle-Copper lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was able to get it off without the torch thankfully and she’s all set now I actually had to take a strap and tighten the abs module down to the frame and was able to get it off a whole lot easier with that. Good luck to ya! Hopefully yours  don’t give you as much trouble as mine did lol.