In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

2014 6.2 oil sending unit location

25 minutes ago, durandetto said:

I believe it's on the front of the engine under the throttle body. Atleast that's where it is on the 5.3.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I have the 6.2 and my brother has the 5.3. He is saying it looks to be where your saying on his 

Edited by BloodRedSilverado

No problem. Currently out on workers comp so I have nothing but time on my hands. I'm an auto tech so I have to stay sharp while I'm out. Plus I have access to a couple automotive resource sites.

Just now, durandetto said:

No problem. Currently out on workers comp so I have nothing but time on my hands. I'm an auto tech so I have to stay sharp while I'm out. Plus I have access to a couple automotive resource sites.

6.2 is the same location... I'm so glad it's not at the rear. I was dreading removing it. 

Not sure about that, but it should be easier to deal with on the front and being horizontal.

By any chance could you provide the part number for #28 on that diagram? It is indeed a filter however the filter I ordered is slightly different. I just want to confirm. Thanks in advanced!

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

I looked at removing mine but could not see how it could come out without removing the inlet manifold due to clearance underneath for tool or pulling filter out.

Anyone got actual photos of removal process?

2014, 5.3, 4x4, work truck