In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
jlozan2

Anyone use Autotrader to sell their Trucks?

I'm selling my 18' Sierra and I've posted it on craigslist, FB marketplace etc... I've gotten low-balled already (not surprised) so I decided on trying Autotrader.

is the $50 fee worth it or should I just hold out a while for the right buyer?

This is the truck btw if anyone is interested.

https://houston.craigslist.org/cto/d/spring-2018-gmc-sierra-1500-crew-cab-slt/7040117537.html

Nice truck! I've used Autotrader before. Didn't have a good or bad experience. I would likely use it again if I were looking to sell another vehicle. $50 is nothing when selling a truck that expensive. What about posting it here in the For Sale/Wanted thread? Btw, your Craigslist ad shows its a 6-cylinder engine. Pretty sure it is an 8 cylinder. Good luck!!

Capture.JPG

Edited by el_er1c

…...

Edited by scrapen

3 minutes ago, el_er1c said:

Nice truck! I've used Autotrader before. Didn't have a good or bad experience. I would likely use it again if I were looking to sell another vehicle. $50 is nothing when selling a truck that expensive. What about posting it here in the For Sale/Wanted thread? Btw, your Craigslist ad shows its a 6-cylinder engine. Pretty sure it is an 8 cylinder. Good luck!!

Capture.JPG

Thanks for catching that! Not sure how I missed it....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, scrapen said:

My brother went through the same hassle selling his 7.3 excursion w 230k on it for 20k.

Bunch of talk and junk trades.

Then he listed on cargurus.com and had two guys interested (TX and CA). Some guy came out and took about 200 pictures and bye bye it went for 18.5k less than a week later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea I think I might go down that route. Never used a service like this so it's nice to hear good feedback.

Autotrader will attract a much better buyer. Better cars are listed there because the fee you pay to list it. Craigslist sucks ass period. Facebook was great but it’s turning into CL with the bullshit buyers and low Ballers. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, scrapen said:

My brother went through the same hassle selling his 7.3 excursion w 230k on it for 20k.

Bunch of talk and junk trades.

Then he listed on cargurus.com and had two guys interested (TX and CA). Some guy came out and took about 200 pictures and bye bye it went for 18.5k less than a week later.

Also, guys in the northeast are always looking for clean southern trucks so it helps to have a broad audience.

We like 4wd lol

I had success in 2013 selling my 2011 Silverado on Autotrader. Took some time (3-4 months if I remember correctly), mine had low miles and I was a bit above market on my asking price. It definitely attracted a better market of buyers than eBay, CL, and FB. 

Just a little advice, CL allows you to post 24 pics i believe, dont stay with 4 pics. Same with FB, load up on good pics.

Take pics of inside, seats, features, engine bay, bed and so on. More pics the better.

Also put not interested in trades so you dont get people asking of youd trade for a 1993 civic + some cash lol

Cars.com is free and good i just sold a car on there. Had it listed on craiglist too but didnt get many hits from there unless they were low ball offers

• Like 2

You should also list the options and packages on the truck.  Half the stuff you listed are either standard features or standard features on all SLT models.  

2WD or 4WD?  Premium Plus?  Z71?  Which motor (kind of a biggie).  The lack of Z71 or 4x4 badge makes me think it is a 2WD model.

The key with Craigslist/FB is to list it a few thousand higher than you're willing to take. This way the buyer can "negotiate" themselves a good deal and it's a win-win.

I sold my 2010 on FB marketplace worked out well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Strangely enough, I've had fairly good luck with CL. Sifting through the bottom feeders can be a hassle. All it takes is one sincere interested buyer.