Android Auto issues 2020 Silverado Custom Trail Boss

Race3030

wtf would it be set to 2016, lol.....that's crazy....

you know I think someone had mentioned this b4 in another thread about time and date, I still hate AA having to plug in, I don't even use it anymore....I just use my phone for nav

• Like 1

The reasons I've read that AA doesn't work full-on over BT are because BT just doesn't support the amount of data that AA can sometimes want to send. It's fine for streaming music and perhaps some other things but satelite op'd map data scrolling around WHILE it's doing music and msg's etc are evidently too much.

AA does now have support for a phone-vehicle wifi connection, but this is vehicle dependent and the 2020 T1 trucks do not apparently have this capability despite having a wifi hub built into them.

34 minutes ago, nolte said:

The reasons I've read that AA doesn't work full-on over BT are because BT just doesn't support the amount of data that AA can sometimes want to send. It's fine for streaming music and perhaps some other things but satelite op'd map data scrolling around WHILE it's doing music and msg's etc are evidently too much.

AA does now have support for a phone-vehicle wifi connection, but this is vehicle dependent and the 2020 T1 trucks do not apparently have this capability despite having a wifi hub built into them.

Yeah I dont mind it not being wireless. I drive about an hour and half everyday, now I don't have to ever charge my phone. I guess there is a way to make it wireless. You have to do some thing with a amazon fire stick or something. Not worth the hassle. 

1 hour ago, Race3030 said:

Yeah I dont mind it not being wireless. I drive about an hour and half everyday, now I don't have to ever charge my phone. I guess there is a way to make it wireless. You have to do some thing with a amazon fire stick or something. Not worth the hassle. 

Agree. It has disciplined me to charge my phone while I'm driving and I rarely did that before. Phone used to die left and right now I never have worries. 

I really do wish that I could tether the wifi hub in the truck via the phone thru usb.

That's my big complaint. I have unlimited data on my phone, I don't want to pay $20 a month for the truck, but it has a wifi hub. I know I can tether to one other device from the phone through BT but I'd rather do it thru usb while charging since the truck already has wifi for multiple devices at once.

Edited by nolte

On 1/31/2020 at 8:52 AM, Rjn said:

Had same issue.. For any future owners with this problem, It is the internal clock. The date and time need to be set. Once that is done it works perfectly.. My truck was set to March 3rd 2014.... 

How do you do this?  I am currently having this issue on my new 2020 LT TB.

Go in the settings on the radio go to clock and date. And make sure both are correct.. That's all I did. Maybe the time is off double check that too. And change the date and put it back to the correct date. 

Edited by Rjn

6 minutes ago, wacnstac said:

Mine is set correctly.  I just have another problem.

Go into setting and do a factory reset. Thrn check your date again. Then tell me what happens when you plug in your phone.

56 minutes ago, wacnstac said:

I had a little more luck with a different cord but the system still isn't very stable.  Will work for maybe a minute and then stops and goes back to the home screen.  This is a major feature for me.

Oh so when you plug it in, you can get it to work for awhile? If that the case, it's a totally differnt issue. Yeah you would have to you clock and rebind your phone to bluetooth but that dosnt take long. Hope you figure it out!