Is the 2020 lt trail boss really a 4500 option over the regular lt?

Hey guys I was just on the Chevy site building a new truck and I was kind of shocked when I looked and seen that a regular lt had a standard msrp of 45k and the lt trail boss was 50k.I thought the only difference was the 2 inch lift and tires or am I missing something?I do think the trail boss comes with the z71 but dang that is a lot of cash for a 2 inch lift tires and some shocks and some skid plates.

1 hour ago, Bigguy214 said:

Hey guys I was just on the Chevy site building a new truck and I was kind of shocked when I looked and seen that a regular lt had a standard msrp of 45k and the lt trail boss was 50k.I thought the only difference was the 2 inch lift and tires or am I missing something?I do think the trail boss comes with the z71 but dang that is a lot of cash for a 2 inch lift tires and some shocks and some skid plates.

Gotta read between the lines a little more with GM’s convoluted pricing and feature structure. Apples to apples, the LT TB is equipped higher than the LT when you take the most basic example of either trim. Keyless go, leather wheel and a bunch of other little things are standard on the LT TB but optional on LT. The bigger things would be the Z71 package with two speed transfer case, 10 speed transmission (for 2020) and of course the lift. The lift that is not compatible with the regular LT to add after the fact.

• Like 1

but lifts and tires are easy to do....I didn't see any LT TB only 4.5k more than LT when I went and looked at actual trucks, more like 10k.....when I bought my RST a LT TB was 10-15k more in selling price, not MSRP.....got mine for 35k and couldn't touch an LT TB for under 50K....if your talking paying full MSRP for both maybe only 4.5k but that isn't what I saw when looking....I got keyless, leather wheel, heated and power seats, LED lights on my RST but no leather seats....only thing I didn't get was 2spd transfer (which had I got Z71 RST I would have, but didn't want rancho twin tubes) and 2 in spacer lift.....which imo is easy to get, so I opted for interior options I wanted and ill do suspension myself and of my own choosing......on sidenote the ranchos on TB are better than std trims with Z71....they get monotubes.....but still I have freedom to get whatever I want....you could get std trim with Z71 and when you lift just scrap ranchos too...since I have 2019 no 10 spd which is fine.....just depends on whats important to you

I just know interiors are hard to upgrade, exteriors arent

Edited by Dunn

no storage on custom TB....really a bare bones truck...it is basically a work truck with lift kit, and some like simplicity of that...i almost bought one, 2020 could have more options as i see you can get 6.2 and saw another site where you can upgrade a WT to near an RST level....leather wheel, heated and power seats, dual climate, 110v in and outside.....so am sure it costs more

be curious tho what it actually cost GMC to build WT vs high country.....their actual cost difference (labor and materials), cant imagine its more than 3-4k if even that.....bit of software, few buttons, bit of leather. add some wiring.....the parts are already there so they don't have to make them.....just connect and install.....bet a lot would be shocked.....there is 40k difference between basic WT and HC.....10-15k profit easy,  mine was discounted almost 12k and i didn't even have to work hard for it......lots o room to manuever

The LT TB comes with different lift, better Rancho shocks over the Z71's Ranchos, more standard features inside like the console, higher spec audio, heated seats and heated steering wheel and other things that are typically an upgrade option on the Custom and standard LT Z71.

I guess between the LT Z71 and LT TB the differences are primarily the suspension and shocks, maybe different wheels and options, possibly a couple other things...

I took advantage of the employee pricing and some other incentives to get a new 2019 LT TB with the 20" wheel upgrade and it came to $44k before taxes and fees...

2 hours ago, SquireSCA said:

The LT TB comes with different lift, better Rancho shocks over the Z71's Ranchos, more standard features inside like the console, higher spec audio, heated seats and heated steering wheel and other things that are typically an upgrade option on the Custom and standard LT Z71.

I guess between the LT Z71 and LT TB the differences are primarily the suspension and shocks, maybe different wheels and options, possibly a couple other things...

I took advantage of the employee pricing and some other incentives to get a new 2019 LT TB with the 20" wheel upgrade and it came to $44k before taxes and fees...

that is really good deal, but as it gets later in the year discounts get better, so your smart to wait....

I made my mind up I am going for the 6.2 in the highest trim I can afford.I was looking at dealer inventory and the 6.2 looks to be in short supply right now hopefully that will pickup in the next month or 2 or I think I will just order one.