Clearance/roof lights

Jesse829

And a while back there was a person on here that installed these lights and used a 3/4" wrench tightened punch. I believe he purchased from Lee Valley tools. Does anyone have the info on this??  Help Please.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/31/2020 at 5:29 PM, Duramax3oh said:

Asked about the OEM 2500HD cab lights while at the dealership today. They did not inspire me about having them do the install. But I got the part numbers 

84747496 - outer lamp, need 2

84747497 - middle lamp

84694118 - wiring harness

The guy wasn’t sure about the connection on the 1500 that the lamp wiring harness would connect into. Could be easy or it might need more. I have zero electrical knowledge. Just passing on info and hope others can help out. I’d really like to do this 

did you ever look into this further?

13 hours ago, dram1983361 said:

Stumbled across this while looking into window vent visors. They also make one that's doubles as a bug shield for the hood.

Screenshot_20200928-221139.jpg

Thanks Dram1983361  I also saw that when looking for vent shades.  I think I would rather have them look like they came Stock From Factory.  I know its more work but I think they look better.

the lights came in but the harness is on backorder, so I will just have to see how long that takes to come in.

Bob

On 9/29/2020 at 12:47 PM, aka.jake said:

Thanks Dram1983361  I also saw that when looking for vent shades.  I think I would rather have them look like they came Stock From Factory.  I know its more work but I think they look better.

the lights came in but the harness is on backorder, so I will just have to see how long that takes to come in.

Bob

keep us posted curious to see how it turns out

On 9/28/2020 at 12:01 AM, Chrisd534 said:

did you ever look into this further?

Apologies for the delayed response, been putting the truck to work on a 5000 mile trailer trip!

I have not made any progress on this yet. The main hold up for me is finding a local shop I feel comfortable with installing the OEM 2500 cab lights (ie cutting into the roof). I'll start back up reaching out to shops the next few weeks and once I feel comfortable will order these (I might just go ahead and order them anyways to encourage me to speed things up).

I really hope it works out well, I love the look of cab lights on. Since I'm driving and towing a lot more I'm using the 2500 HD as inspiration for modifying my 3.0L truck.  Cab lights + Tow Mirrors... upgrading my suspension which will also lift ~ 2", then get some good e rated highway/towing tires as opposed to off-road tread. 

10 hours ago, Duramax3oh said:

Apologies for the delayed response, been putting the truck to work on a 5000 mile trailer trip!

I have not made any progress on this yet. The main hold up for me is finding a local shop I feel comfortable with installing the OEM 2500 cab lights (ie cutting into the roof). I'll start back up reaching out to shops the next few weeks and once I feel comfortable will order these (I might just go ahead and order them anyways to encourage me to speed things up).

I really hope it works out well, I love the look of cab lights on. Since I'm driving and towing a lot more I'm using the 2500 HD as inspiration for modifying my 3.0L truck.  Cab lights + Tow Mirrors... upgrading my suspension which will also lift ~ 2", then get some good e rated highway/towing tires as opposed to off-road tread. 

No worries! Looking forward to an update.

Howd she do on the long haul? 

11 hours ago, Chrisd534 said:

No worries! Looking forward to an update.

Howd she do on the long haul? 

Really well with no issues at all. Total of 4 weeks and 9 states driving through Rocky Mountain area. She got to see Mt. Rushmore, Yellowstone, Grand Tetons, Grand Canyon, and some fly fishing in Taos. Little thirsty on DEF but much more enjoyable than our normal city driving. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, UsrnameUnknown said:

Check out gorecon.com. They make a lot of cool lighting options for trucks. Including cab light kits that would look good on a 1500! You buy the cab lights and harness seperate and they have detailed installation instructions! https://gorecon.com/product/gmc-chevy-15-19-3-piece-cab-roof-light-set-led-smoked-lens-in-white/ 

Nothing listed for T1 trucks......

23 minutes ago, eppieguy said:

Nothing listed for T1 trucks......

T1 is 2019+. Granted a 2019 2500/3500 is not considered T1. This is for up to 2019, https://gorecon.com/shop/filters/car-make/chevy/model/silverado/supported-years/2019/page/2/ If your talking 1500, that will cover 2019-2021. If your talking 2500/3500, you are correct, they do not list cab lights for them...

• 1 year later...
On 11/19/2020 at 9:47 AM, Larry Spears said:

Installation done yesterday.

ACFE2E4F-9FF7-4C5E-B809-0809723CB9FE.jpeg

AEF3088C-9B75-4C8E-AE53-AE5A44A348E6.jpeg

hey Larry, sorry for for reviving a dead topic here.

do you remember which wires you tapped into?  And dimensioning for hole spacing?

i did this on a 2016 and wondering if it’s the same or if wiring changed.