Undercarriage on 2016 canyon

Jesse Butler

Question

Hey y’all so my mom just picked up a sweet 2016 GMC Canyon with 55k miles everything seems fine rides like a dream but finally got to crawl underneath and was a little shocked at what I saw but I do live in CT so the harsh road conditions Ofcourse eat away at cars so is this kind of surface rust common for something 4 years old or should I be more concerned about this being a big issue before the truck is even paid off. Seems to be mostly on the welds but def more than I was expecting..We have 30 days with the truck for 100% money back. Thanks for any feedback, I have more pictures but can only upload 2 on here. 
B04F3616-78F9-46B1-A315-289A81C34A28.thumb.jpeg.5ab806d5b6d0f5654f026a8569d5655f.jpeg57DD0564-7841-465B-BB39-2A3AE4C61B40.thumb.jpeg.3896362bb02d2d361c69d0b5733b76da.jpeg

4 answers to this question

Welcome Jesse...I too come from a harsh climate here in Canada and can tell that I've seen my share of rusty underbody frames. I would think your moms ride being only 4 yrs old is mainly surface rust. I bought a 2012 Sierra shy of 4 months ago and first thing I did was lift that sucker onto a hoist and air-blasted all loose rust. Krown sprayed black on the outer frame and visible exterior areas and Krown oil sprayed everything else.

Not sure if this helps to convince mom. 

Edited by Ralph Ciardullo