Polished stainless steel off road side steps (Nerf Steps)

GM-Trucks.com Members:

Can you offer any recommendations on AWESOME polished stainless steel off road side steps (Nerf Steps) for 2020 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab 4WD?

Thank you.

Kind regards.

Edited by Say When
Clarification

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/25/2019 at 7:24 PM, Thankful said:

I noticed the link shows the 1500 series and not the HD model.  Are the mounting points between the 2 models the same?

I don't want to purchase the wrong ones and need to send them back.

Thanks,

Shimmy

6 minutes ago, shimmy said:

I noticed the link shows the 1500 series and not the HD model.  Are the mounting points between the 2 models the same?

I don't want to purchase the wrong ones and need to send them back.

Thanks,

Shimmy

I'd call them to make sure.

You can select the model and trim from the link I provided. 

The part number for the Westin running boards I used is 21-24130. 

This is a photo of the installed product assemble all bolts before final tight-ing as is good work practice. 

running boards.jpg

37 minutes ago, Roadrunner45 said:

You can select the model and trim from the link I provided. 

The part number for the Westin running boards I used is 21-24130. 

This is a photo of the installed product assemble all bolts before final tight-ing as is good work practice. 

running boards.jpg

They look great

On 12/25/2019 at 6:24 PM, Thankful said:

Do these mount with 3 or 4 brackets? I see that the factory ones use 3 brackets on the crew cab model. I have saw someone on facebook had some of that  look like the OEM ones, but were 100" long, and 4 brackets mounting it.  Would these be wheel to wheel models? Does anyone with the factory one's have a length measurement? The one I'm looking at is the upper most one. Thanks.

Screenshot_20200106-224153_Facebook.jpg

I went with these from NFab in Stainless and love them!

https://n-fab.com/podium-steps/2020/chevrolet/silverado-2500-hd

They installed using the factory pre-welded holes/nuts in just a few minutes.  Actually it took the most time just unwrapping the protection on them from shipping.

Edited by rmsmis

On 1/13/2020 at 11:04 AM, rmsmis said:

They installed using the factory pre-welded holes/nuts in just a few minutes.  Actually it took the most time just unwrapping the protection on them from shipping.

Thanks for the suggestion.  I went with the N-Fab also.  Super easy to install and come down far enough to make it easy to enter the cab.

On 1/13/2020 at 10:04 AM, rmsmis said:

Anyway you would be able to get measurements for the mounting holes on the truck?  I'm trying to see if a set from a 1500 will fit. I like the 1500's boards that look  like the high country boards, but they are considered "wheel to wheel" and like the additional foot space. I realize that the will still be little short as the 1500's box's are a little shorter. And the board i like has 4 mounts, as pictured in my earlier picture above. The 2500/3500's have 3 or 4 mounts depending on the board design ( high country style have 3, and some of the tube ones have 4 mounts). It's been pretty cold and snowy here and haven't been able to climb under my truck to take measurements.  Thanks. 

Edited by Mi99z71

I went with Westin 5" ovals but wheel to wheel this time for my CCLB. I find they protect your truck more than the fake rock basher style. After using them to reach in the front corner of the bed or to access my slip tank easier I would never buy another set that aren't wheel to wheel for a work truck. Wasn't bad with the GMT8-9's but the bedside are way taller now. I retrofitted my old GMT800 back rack for this truck and I had to drill all the mount hole 2" taller than the old truck. I don't have a picture but I will take one today if I remember, mine are black but you can get chrome ones also. Very simple setup. 

I took a look under the truck quickly tonight. Trying to figure out which holes the mount in. I saw some round rubber plugs about 1/2" in diameter,  and i saw some that were about 1" in diameter that had plastic plugs in them. What holes do they go into?