Input for newbie to forum and GM

I'm new to this forum, and not a current owner of a GMC but looking to buy one; could use some input.
My current truck is a '12 F150 Platinum with the ecoboost and max trailering package. I'd like to buy a '20 GMC SLT with 6.2 NHT and the trailering mirrors(I absolutely won't buy anything without good trailering mirrors). Unfortunately GMC still won't sell me one...had one on order during the strike then GM said parts are back ordered and cancelled the order. Now they trailering mirrors aren't an option anymore on the SLT. 
So, I've started to look at the AT4, because I can get the trailering mirrors and I do like the looks/lift of it better than the SLT anyhow. My concern is towing my 30' TT, with a dry weight of 6800 lbs, tongue weight of 880 lbs. The payload on the AT4 I drove the other day is only 1540 pounds(300 less than my F150). So I will be maxed out on payload with just the camper and people, and getting close to max GVWR with all the other gear if I can pack it to keep the weight on the rv axles. With my F150 I've had no trouble loading a half bed of firewood plus all the other gear(thus probably overloading it as well), but I'm not confident that the AT4 would do as well. The AT4 I test drove the other day felt a little less stable than my F150(could be because of the lift/tires).
Anyone have experience towing with the AT4, maybe with sumosprings/timbrens added on? Airbags are something I would like to avoid. I do use a wd hitch, and I only tow around Michigan so no hills to speak of, but my wife ends up towing the camper by herself quite often so I don't want to purchase a truck that she isn't going to feel comfortable in.

Tow mirrors still available on all 2500 trims.

AT4 on 2500 is same height as other 2500 trims - no factory lift on 2500.

2500 overall height is higher than the 'lifted' versions of the 1500's....

The order guide does say tow mirrors no longer available to order on 1500 SLT for 2020.  No explanation. 

They are still available on 1500 AT4 and on 1500 Denali. 

Max tow package not available on AT4 or Denali.  

NHT         Max Trailering Package, includes 9.76" rear axle, (GU6) 3.42 axle ratio, enhanced cooling radiator, revised shock tuning for increased control, heavier duty rear springs, increased RGAWR and (KW5) 220-amp alternator.

Trust me. If you tow a lot then just bite the bullet and get the 2500 and you will be amazed at the difference.  The MPG with the new Gas 2500 may not be that different than the 1500 AT4. If it is only on occasion then you could just add helper springs and/or bags. 

• 2 months later...