I love discount tire

RE1

So I have a set of 275/60-20 goodyear duratrac tires with approximately 38,000 miles purchased from discount tire. They’ve become very loud and very slippery in the wet, but still have plenty of tread remaining. I went to discount tire yesterday to get their opinion and look for a replacement tire. I described what was going on with the duratracs and without me even having to ask, they offered me a $75 credit per tire if I wanted to replace the duratracs with something else. I took their offer and ordered some General Grabber ATXs (to be installed this week). 

It’s refreshing to see really good customer service like this. I was fully prepared to pay full price for a new set of tires, so their offer was a very pleasant surprise. 

Edited by RE1

I concur.

About 10 years ago they replaced a set of chrome wheels for me because they corroded.

Well of course they did I drove them in the winter. ,?

I washed them constantly and they still corroded. In April I had brand new wheels for free.

BTW i would have bought the wheels and tires from Discount tires I'm putting on my truck with the lift kit but they couldn't even come close to the price from Custom Offsets.

Edited by dieselfan1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Generals get mounted on Thursday. I’ll take some pics and update. 

I had KO2s before this current set of duratracs. Same problem. Got to about 25k miles and they became very slippery in the wet. Had to replace the KO2s at 30k because they became downright dangerous in moist (not even wet) weather. 

• Thanks 1