Stock VS lifted had to grab some pics

14 minutes ago, Jaychevy81 said:

I gotta ask why are the tires hanging out of the wheel wells?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because honestly I like the look of wide wheels. I know they stick out further than most people like, however I can’t stand How skinny these trucks look and fender flares are the least aesthetic solution. I have custom 3 inch extended full replacement fenders ordered

Because honestly I like the look of wide wheels. I know they stick out further than most people like, however I can’t stand How skinny these trucks look and fender flares are the least aesthetic solution. I have custom 3 inch extended full replacement fenders ordered
Leave body alone, looks great already.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

23 hours ago, Jaychevy81 said:

I gotta ask why are the tires hanging out of the wheel wells?

So they can throw off the center of gravity and chew up the wheel bearings. As a bonus to pitch rocks to chip paint and blast starbursts on windshields of surrounding vehicles. Out of consideration for others huge mudflaps should be installed, wouldn't make it look much worse.

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

Lol lifting the truck changed the center of gravity. Widening the stance keeps the center of gravity closer to stock than lifting it and keeping a stock stance. But whatever you need to tell yourself Thomcat. And like mentioned above, I have full replacement fiberwerx fenders in the mail 

On 1/1/2020 at 10:16 PM, Thomcat said:As a bonus to pitch rocks to chip paint and blast starbursts on windshields of surrounding vehicles. Out of consideration for others huge mudflaps should be installed, wouldn't make it look much worse.

This....I have replaced 4 windshields on my vehicles in the last 5 years. Each time was from getting behind someone with the huge tires and the driver not being able to keep their vehicle off the shoulder and kicking up rocks.

My wife has threatened to not let me drive anymore. Three times she has been in the vehicle when it happened. My insurance company loves me. Glad I have 100.00 deductible. 

• Like 1

Country Bumpkin .... listen to your wife, you shouldn’t be driving. If you think the stance on my truck kicks up more rocks because I’m in the shoulder is just crazy, I guess judging by your comment you should never be behind a dually  truck which is wider or a semi or the trailer it’s towing

I swear some of the guys on this forum think modding a vehicle includes weather techs, tonneau cover, in channel vent shades, some light stickering and maybe if we’re getting crazy replacing the stock tires (for stock size obviously). If you do anything out of that realm you’re destroying the truck..............idiots. I like the comparison pics bro!

As an aside you should feel honored country bumpkin has 23 posts in 11 years and decided to impart one of his posts on you lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, Country Bumpkin said:

This....I have replaced 4 windshields on my vehicles in the last 5 years. Each time was from getting behind someone with the huge tires and the driver not being able to keep their vehicle off the shoulder and kicking up rocks.

My wife has threatened to not let me drive anymore. Three times she has been in the vehicle when it happened. My insurance company loves me. Glad I have 100.00 deductible. 

Huge dramatization on that being to soul issue. I've driven behind many of trucks like that and have had zero issues. Either you have truly the worlds worst luck or there are more factors to this. Having a lifted truck, with wider wheels is a style that is popular now. Before people sit here and saying you're ruining your truck. Or you're going to wear the suspension components out quicker. The vast majority of quality lift kits now as days are engineered to adjust the angles of your drive train to relieve the stress it puts on your truck. 

I personally don't hate that set up on the OP. The red wheels i'm indifferent on because thats a personal style choice, but the stance and such I like. its squatted out well enough. 

Also, this is coming from someone who has a pretty much stock 2019 RST....until after our wedding, then we shall see haha. 

No.....not being over dramatic here. I have truly replaced 4 windshields on my cars and each one was from a rock thrown from a lifted truck. Even had one repaired instead of replaced. 

One on my pickup, one on my corvette, and two on my wife’s QX80. Truly bad luck. That’s why my wife jokingly said she was not going to let me drive anymore. Couple of months ago I got behind one and started slowing way down. My wife had been looking at her phone and asked what I was doing. Explained to her I was letting the truck get ahead of me so not to get another windshield broken.

Believe what you want....

I couldn’t help but chime in, first of all, I’m not one that likes the wheels and tires wide enough to where it affects the turning performance of any vehicle but I love individuality when done right and with good fit and form, it’s a form of expressing ones personal character. I think lifted trucks are beautiful when lifted well and done right without the Frankenstein Build (pc’s from everywhere) especially with individual taste. You’ve also got to realize that to each their own really means exactly that. There’s enough negativity out there just for owning a truck as it is, let’s call it what it is, expressing ones personality, it’s awesome and more power to everyone for not driving around a cookie cutter truck.

Good luck to OP on customizing your truck, it’s definitely an eye catcher and shows that you take care of what you drive and hopefully it lasts you a very long time. Good luck!

Sent from Above

I couldn’t help but chime in, first of all, I’m not one that likes the wheels and tires wide enough to where it affects the turning performance of any vehicle but I love individuality when done right and with good fit and form, it’s a form of expressing ones personal character. I think lifted trucks are beautiful when lifted well and done right without the Frankenstein Build (pc’s from everywhere) especially with individual taste. You’ve also got to realize that to each their own really means exactly that. There’s enough negativity out there just for owning a truck as it is, let’s call it what it is, expressing ones personality, it’s awesome and more power to everyone for not driving around a cookie cutter truck.

Good luck to OP on customizing your truck, it’s definitely an eye catcher and shows that you take care of what you drive and hopefully it lasts you a very long time. Good luck!

Sent from Above

You may want to invest in a couple hood deflectors friend, they really work!

Sent from Above

It looks good sitting still. I believe in some states it would be illegal that far outside the fender. I’m a fan of level, lower myself. But I appreciate the other look too.

No.....not being over dramatic here. I have truly replaced 4 windshields on my cars and each one was from a rock thrown from a lifted truck. Even had one repaired instead of replaced. 

One on my pickup, one on my corvette, and two on my wife’s QX80. Truly bad luck. That’s why my wife jokingly said she was not going to let me drive anymore. Couple of months ago I got behind one and started slowing way down. My wife had been looking at her phone and asked what I was doing. Explained to her I was letting the truck get ahead of me so not to get another windshield broken.

Believe what you want....

I got a cracked windshield from a stock econoline E-250. No lift, stock tires, only mods were a ladder rack. I’m assuming it was due to the ladder rack because there were no big wide tires to have caused it. Although.....there was a lifted truck on the other side of town that could have thrown the rock about 2 miles through the woods and hit mu windshield [emoji2371]

I totally agree it’s your blank canvas mod it out but most trucks I see with the tires hanging out into another zip code. I think it’s more of my tires are wider then yours. I totally get filling out the fenders big tire rims and a wider stance but at what point is wider maxed out. I mean 10 12 inches out I don’t see that as a mod as much as yea I’m the widest around. It’s def illegal I seen some trucks mostly diesel fords must be a thing the truck was rotted out but he had tires hanging out into the next lane. Again to each is own and some look good with flares and filled out but most are just to follow a trend.