Finally got a tune

So I've wanted a custom tune on my 2015 6.2L for a couple years and finally pulled the trigger. 

I've had my Diablosport tuner installed but couldn't really tell much of a difference between the canned tune and stock. Sure when I made certain changes I could feel it like AFM delete and shift point changes. That said I felt it ran best with the factory tune and the throttle boost all the way up. 

I got ahold of Lew ( custom tuner who uses Diablosports custom tune platform) and sent my data logs. He had me my first time fine and delivered in a couple hours. 

First impression was great and the more I drove the better the truck performed. 

I did my WOT log days later because of weather. First dry day I made several attempts at it but wheel spin was impossible to avoid. 

Got the final tune installed and I've been super impressed ever since. Even with 33" load E Duratracs, a couple hundred pounds of gear and tool box I have to be careful accelerating from a stop. Several times a day I accidentally chirp the tires taking off and anything over a quarter throttle guarantees wheel spin on dry pavement. 

Come spring I want to get a 0-60 time done and I'm betting it's under 5 seconds. Stock this trucks time is 5.7 so I don't really think it's unattainable. 

I highly recommend a custom tune, especially with the potential the 6.2 has! 

20190817_201718.jpg

• Like 1

Under 5 is a stretch, you didn't add that much horsepower.

For what it's worth my truck is a 5.3 that I tuned and converted to run on E85. I can do 5.8-5.9 seconds on struggle street for traction and mines a lowered crew cab 4X4 truck. Figure I'm down at least 40-50hp/tq compared to you with what I've done to mine.

A good tune surely does make it feel better though.

I have next to the lightest configuration that offered a 6.2. double cab, 6.5' bed with the 4 wheel drive adding a little weight. 

Hitting 60 mph under 5 seconds seems crazy fast in a 3 ton brick without power adders so your probably right. 

On 1/2/2020 at 10:03 PM, michigan2500hd said:

Come spring I want to get a 0-60 time done and I'm betting it's under 5 seconds.

Eh.. it won't be under 5 seconds.  Close but not under.  you're just noticing the fun of having torque management put in check a bit.  it really feels a lot faster but eh. 

1 hour ago, Colossus said:

Eh.. it won't be under 5 seconds.  Close but not under.  you're just noticing the fun of having torque management put in check a bit.  it really feels a lot faster but eh. 

Tunes most often Change the way the throttle opens based on throttle position gives the illusion of being faster. Rather than progressive throttle it’s now maybe linear or, the most like of scenarios, digressive. 

you can only extract so much power out of an air fuel ratio with out changes to intake, exhaust, fuel injection. 

• Like 1

Tunes most often Change the way the throttle opens based on throttle position gives the illusion of being faster. Rather than progressive throttle it’s now maybe linear or, the most like of scenarios, digressive. 

you can only extract so much power out of an air fuel ratio with out changes to intake, exhaust, fuel injection. 
This is food for thought. Good to know.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk