gear ratio change from 3.73 to 4.10

I would suggest getting a shop to do it.  It's non-trivial to setup the gears in the diff to work properly.  If you do go ahead with doing it, figure out what specific diff /housing you have, and then find and watch videos on how to do it, before taking your diff apart.

I currently own gas 2012 2500 4x4 with 3.73, looking to change for towing purposes. What is involved to do this? Parts or kits I should look into? Thanks

Unless you’re just out of the sweet spot towing that’s not really a big change. For the expense I’d go 456, if you’re already going to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I was going to go the other direction with my ‘08 Suburban 2500. I acquired a 3.73 front diff (same part for 1988-2010!) for $150 and was going to do the rear end swap myself. I ended up selling it before I got around to the project. So, maybe you can search for a 4.10 front differential (car-part.com) and then a 4.10 kit for the rear. It’s not rocket science.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk