In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
KL Fopono

‘20 GMC Sierra Denali Park Assist Disabled

Park assist won’t turn on. Button doesn’t turn it on.

If I navigate to the vehicle settings tab through the console, it says “on” however it does not light up the button.

I switched it off and on again through the console, the button lights up for a few seconds and turns back off.

I did manage to get it into reverse after turning it on and it does work, but turns itself off after about 3 seconds (regardless of what gear I am in).

Started after I used remote start, turned truck off and tried it with and without remote start, no dice.

Any input?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted (edited)

Did you recently get the recalls done? Mine was disabled after they did the recall update on the front camera.

Edited by Daniels79

You don't mention if your truck is clean, recently washed, it is cold where you are?  The reason I ask that is if the sensors are dirty they system will act exactly like that.  Also if it was recently washed and it is cold there could be a thin layer of ice or even soap film left on the sensors from the car wash.  I know it sounds stupid but these have all happened to me with the exception of the soap film.  Good luck and keep us posted if you get it figured out.

Have the same issue with my 2019 RST Crew Cab. After a rear bumper fender bender, one of the sensors was damaged, mostly cosmetic it appeared. It was still operational. After the recent heavy storms in SoCal, it was non operational, just as described by the Op. I recently had the rear bumper and sensor replaced by a collision center, still non-operational. I tried removing the battery power for 30 min., hoping to reset the control unit, unfortunately, no change. The collision shop is telling me there is nothing they can do to correct the issue, which I find hard to believe considering they were an authorized center from the insurance company.  I checked the underside of the bumper to make sure the connectors to the sensors were secure, they appear to be. If someone has any tips or fixes we can make ourselves, short of having the dealer service it, it would be greatly appreciated.