2018 GMC Sierra SLT Crew Cab Tire traction

On 1/10/2020 at 9:38 AM, Donstar said:

There are several older threads with debates on P vs LT tires on a 1500 so Op may want to do some research before considering a LT rated tire    I went for several years believing in the superior qualities of a LT  rated tire.  Now I look at them as overkill and excess unsprung weight.  The advancements in tire construction makes  the P rated tire more than ample for most 1/2 ton truck owners.  The number of cotton plies in the sidewall is a historical way to compare tires.  Look at the load rating found on the side of the tire you are considering.   Most P rated tires in your size will have a rating considerably greater than the load capacity of your truck.  I do appreciate that the additional brawn of an LT tire will provide greater confidence in extreme conditions and is the preferred choice of many.  

Yes, the P tires can get by with the weight, but at the cost of loaded comfort and resilience. The biggest issue I have with P rated tires is flats. Most of the old logging roads here are a minimum of 2" B typeIII with most being made from 4" screened gravel. I can get weekly flats with 10 ply E loads, the P tires just don't cut it in the bush. The ones I have tried though have all been OEM Highway style treads, I haven't tried a P AT or MT tire so there is less tread protection than an AT tire. I got two flats on my 2010 with P rated Bridgestone duellers. Not fun when you need to ride your ATV home because you ran out of tires. 

By all means though if you're pounding the pavement and hauling the boat to the paved landing P tires are just fine and will save you gas. I hate flats, especially in -30c so I buy the most resilient tire I can without going Bias plys haha. 

I have the same tires, and the 6.2... it sucks when its wet out. Oddly they seem to handle braking fine, but are horrible with any mild acceleration when wet. I have 18k miles on them and they are trash. Especially considering they are sold as a "all terrain" with the Z71 package.

Hi,

I have a 2018 GMC Sierra SLT Crew Cab and I wanted to see if anyone has the same problem I am experiencing.

My Goodyear SRA Wrangler seem to have no traction control with hills and especially when the roads are wet. This has happened since I purchased it and eventually it's gonna cause a wreck especially if I accidentally pull out in front of someone and need to start driving a little faster at start than normal. It's worrisome.

Any else experiencing this?

Get rid of them ASAP! I’ve never kept stock tires on any of my new trucks, they’re ALL GARBAGE! It’s like buying expensive 5th wheels and yet they come with ticking time bomb tires made in China. Don’t expect anything from the dealership, go get yourself a new set of “AMERICAN MADE” tires, read reviews and go from there. If you’re looking for saving on mpg’, stick with Michelin Defenders, large variety of AT tires out there too that won’t break the bank but WILL provide you with a great sense of security versus stock OEM tires

Sent from Above