Good Deal?

My guess is that you did just fine.  Typically, incentives increase toward the end of the model year, and toward the end of the life of the platform.  For instance, I paid 35k for a 2016 gasser with a 44k MSRP, and I saw similar 2019 trucks going for 33k as the 2020’s started coming online.  I would guess people got similar discounts on the GMT900 as the K2 trucks came out, and so on back until Fred Flinstone got his first car.

On 1/13/2020 at 9:04 PM, Mi99z71 said:

If you ordered it, when it actually comes in there could be better incentives that you maybe be able to utilize when it lands on the dealer lot.  I've never ordered a truck, just have had them dealer trade units. How does financial stuff work when you order it? Do you "pay" upfront? When I looked into ordering, the dealer i was looking at said that if the incentives were better when the truck arrived then could use them. But they still ended up dealer trading for my unit. 

ive always done dealer trades as well, you know they are gonna try and get max profit especially if its ordered cuz they have your deposit.....seems you can always find the truck you want from somewhere if your patient...and no risk

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Dunn said:

ive always done dealer trades as well, you know they are gonna try and get max profit especially if its ordered cuz they have your deposit.....seems you can always find the truck you want from somewhere if your patient...and no risk

Yes, I just wait for the best incentives then give the dealer a list of specs, engine/trans, all terrain (AT4) package, black, SLT no sunroof, snowflake wheels. Then they type that in their system, find one within 5hr and trade something from their inventory for the truck I want. That way you aren't antsy and checking the build process daily and waiting up to 2 months for it to show up, and then you get the best incentives.

11 hours ago, Dunn said:

Yes, I just wait for the best incentives then give the dealer a list of specs, engine/trans, all terrain (AT4) package, black, SLT no sunroof, snowflake wheels. Then they type that in their system, find one within 5hr and trade something from their inventory for the truck I want. That way you aren't antsy and checking the build process daily and waiting up to 2 months for it to show up, and then you get the best incentives.

• Like 1