My truck won’t rev past 4000 rpm

On 12/19/2020 at 6:15 PM, Nsnyder3 said:

How u make out u ever figure this out  I just got a 2012 silverado 2500hd with 6.0l and its doing same thing as u are describing. U ever figure it anything out?

Did you figure yours out, I got same truck and doing same thing, floor it while driving it revs up to 4000rpm and loses power and stumped.

On 1/13/2020 at 9:32 AM, Dawson58 said:

I have a 2010 Silverado 5.3 vortec and my it won’t rev past 4000 rpm even in manual mode 

I had an exhaust leak that we thought caused it originally and we fixed it . The problem went away for a bit but now the rpm trouble is back again any help is appreciated .

could it Be bad spark plugs and wires or something else? Fuel filter?

Did you figure out your problem, I have same issue.

It's not the fuel pump or injectors I can tell you that right now. Neither of those would cause a hard rpm limit like that. A failing fuel pump would make it start coughing from lack of fuel and you'd have other problems with driveability. Injectors failing would also cause that too.

This sounds like a throttle body or transmission issue. Very hard to say without hooking up the truck to a scanner and watching live data of what is happening.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...