Rented the competition

I'm out here in Vegas. Got a full size 2020 4x4 Ram! It got a flat tire and I had to trade it in. Got a 2019 4x4 F-150 next! The Ford had the 5.0.

I love my 2018 GMC Sierra so much more after driving these two different brands and a tiny bit newer!!!

The ram had more pep in it's step with extra HP. But man I hated how the interior was set up and rode! F-150 was actually better than the Ram in my opinion. Although it hunted for gears more at lower speeds!

Makes me want to get home to my GMC!

Both were taken on trails outside Vegas! Nothing challenging past a little gravel road running with the occasional up hill in loose rocks that needed 4x4. F-150 shined better in that! But I'll take my manual transfer case any day of the week over watching a 4x4 shifting light blink hoping it goes into 4x4.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

I'm out here in Vegas. Got a full size 2020 4x4 Ram! It got a flat tire and I had to trade it in. Got a 2019 4x4 F-150 next! The Ford had the 5.0.

I love my 2018 GMC Sierra so much more after driving these two different brands and a tiny bit newer!!!

The ram had more pep in it's step with extra HP. But man I hated how the interior was set up and rode! F-150 was actually better than the Ram in my opinion. Although it hunted for gears more at lower speeds!

Makes me want to get home to my GMC!

Both were taken on trails outside Vegas! Nothing challenging past a little gravel road running with the occasional up hill in loose rocks that needed 4x4. F-150 shined better in that! But I'll take my manual transfer case any day of the week over watching a 4x4 shifting light blink hoping it goes into 4x4.

I know what you mean, love my 2018 GMC 1500, two years old and not one rattle or issue, built just the way I want it too. Distance has definitely made your heart grow fonder of your truck and it’s not always greener on the other side lol

Sent from Above
  • Like 2

Yup, I like taking my competition "Fan Boys" for rides too!  Nobody says a word 100K+ plus miles silent, no rattles, no whines and they switch out their trucks every few years it's amazing.

They just sit in passenger seat silent not even touching anything like they are scared of it?

Edited by mookdoc6
  • Like 2

Over on the TYF forum,  it's not uncommon for guy to get rid of their newer Jeeps, Dodges and Fords for the older SUVs and marvel at how much more refined and comfortable they (Tahoe, Suburban, Avalanche, Yukons and Escalades) are, not to mention capable!

Edited by swathdiver
Clarification
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, swathdiver said:

Over on the TYF forum,  it's not uncommon for guy to get rid of their newer Jeeps, Dodges and Fords for the older SUVs and marvel at how much more refined and comfortable they are, not to mention capable!

The new Jeep Gladiator!  Straight Junk imo!  I learned from very young age Fat women and Chrysler simply was not going to be happening for me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I can't believe that any Ram trucks ever roll off the lot..

everyone I've driven felt squishy and nearly every one I've known with one had major (trans @ 60Kmi, Engine @ 130Kmi) trouble..

Ford sales I get.. they're not terrible by any measure.. (and that was all I drove in the 80s and early 90s)

• Like 2

I can't believe that any Ram trucks ever roll off the lot..
everyone I've driven felt squishy and nearly every one I've known with one had major (trans @ 60Kmi, Engine @ 130Kmi) trouble..

Ford sales I get.. they're not terrible by any measure.. (and that was all I drove in the 80s and early 90s)

Ford out sells, not because they’re better, because they have large amounts of fleet sales at lower purchase prices than GM.

Sent from Above
  • Like 5

I had a newer F-150 as a rental when I was in the states the last time. I wasn`t impressed with the 10-Gear Auto at all. Always had hard shifts, despite having only 30k miles on it. There are some good features I like, and the back up camera is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than the one in the chevy. If I had to choose I would take the Ford over a Dodge. But all in all I like my chevy more. And beside that, I`m not really keen on driving a truck that has either a "Fordpflaume" (google it, it`s german and means Ford plum) or a goat as it`s logo. I prefer the bow-tie. :D

10 hours ago, Praedator said:

F-150 shined better in that! But I'll take my manual transfer case any day of the week over watching a 4x4 shifting light blink hoping it goes into 4x4.

You know the floor shift models use and electronic actuator to engage 4x4 anyway now at the front diff. You don't have any advantages over a push button 4x4. I have the floor shift in my work truck and hate it, push button in my personal trucks since 1998. Floor shift takes up unnecessary room, provided no peace of mind benefits, and sometimes you need to reef your arm out of your socket to get it in 4x4 or move the truck around to take pressure off the transfer case to make it engage. None of that crap with the dial selector. Never once had an issue with a push button 4x4 system in my life.

Rams are too throttle sensitive for me after driving GM forever. Ford are the nicest trucks, but generally terrible powertrains so bad for long term ownership. A GM will be rotten in half with no paint left before the powertrain will die. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, L86 All Terrain said:

Floor shift takes up unnecessary room, provided no peace of mind benefits, and sometimes you need to reef your arm out of your socket to get it in 4x4 or move the truck around to take pressure off the transfer case to make it engage.

Perhaps learn how to drive? lol

• Like 1

You know the floor shift models use and electronic actuator to engage 4x4 anyway now at the front diff. You don't have any advantages over a push button 4x4. I have the floor shift in my work truck and hate it, push button in my personal trucks since 1998. Floor shift takes up unnecessary room, provided no peace of mind benefits, and sometimes you need to reef your arm out of your socket to get it in 4x4 or move the truck around to take pressure off the transfer case to make it engage. None of that crap with the dial selector. Never once had an issue with a push button 4x4 system in my life.

Rams are too throttle sensitive for me after driving GM forever. Ford are the nicest trucks, but generally terrible powertrains so bad for long term ownership. A GM will be rotten in half with no paint left before the powertrain will die. 
So the cable and linkage connection underneath the shifter to the transfer case are for looks????[emoji102][emoji850][emoji848]

1 minute ago, It's Tim said:

Perhaps learn how to drive? lol

Come again? How do you possibly read a comment about how the transfer case is still electronically engaged and come up with the conclusion I cant drive? I can guarantee I have been driving longer than you have been alive. If It has and engine and moves, I can drive it.

Your Timmay license plate is starting to make an awful lot of sense now. Derp..

29 minutes ago, L86 All Terrain said:

and sometimes you need to reef your arm out of your socket to get it in 4x4 or move the truck around to take pressure off the transfer case to make it engage.

Hey Butcher! grind me a pound...

6 minutes ago, L86 All Terrain said:

If It has and engine and moves, I can drive it.

Probably not very well... ?

Edited by It's Tim

2 minutes ago, Praedator said:

So the cable and linkage connection underneath the shifter to the transfer case are for looks????emoji102.pngemoji850.pngemoji848.png

The connection to the transfer case is manual, but I was told there are electronic actuators that kick the front axles in and out, but the more I think about it that may just be for the AWD mode on the eclectic shifts, the floor shifts might not have it I will have to look when I do my oil on the 2500 this weekend. I could be wrong, but I was sure there is an electric aspect to the floor shift as well once beyond the T-case.