KO2’s Continue to impress me

On 1/20/2020 at 9:50 PM, TXGREEK said:

Love mine, 68a9de5b29b28801a082a5216542f9d4.plist

Got rid of my Nitto Ridge Grapplers at 16k miles because their siping started to disappear causing lots of dangerous slipping. They’ve got cosmetic siping that’s not all the way through the tire lugs.

Nitto Ridge Grapplers new

74cf9292854e77c1b8a9d8b6a18ba68c.png

At 16 K Miles, siping disappearing

4fa27397d20b89517d35808822eb25dd.jpg

Now look at the KO2’s, siping straight through giving excellent water exit.

78988dfef8faf7c621674839388cdb3b.jpg

Tires are always going to have better reviews up in the beginning, the key is at 20k miles and further. People complained about the KO’s wearing out to fast, though I never ever noticed my many sets wearing out to fast I always considered them more in the line of OffRoad performance tires, performance do tend to wear a bit faster as they tend to be stickier giving better traction. Tires today are so focused on looks and one thing for sure is the KO2’s are definitely worth their weight in Gold!

Ever notice how EVERYONE in the tire industry has changed their tires up in order to compete with the king, The BFG KO’s and KO2’s.

Sent from Above

Just when I thought that Nitto mud tires are the best. Will consider KO2s for my truck. 

• Like 1

Just when I thought that Nitto mud tires are the best. Will consider KO2s for my truck. 

KO2’s are not dedicated mud tires, they’re All Terrain tires, good in every way. Mud tires would be the KM3’s but ALL mud tires are very loud and wear out fast. KO2’s are excellent All Terrain tires.

Sent from Above

2 hours ago, TXGREEK said:

Not good tires, avoid them. Hard to balance budget tires. They’re also narrow to their listed width. Much better tires already listed above.

Sent from Above

So you have tried these or just assuming because they are Asian made and half the price of BFG's? They have good ratings on discount tire, 1010tires and simpletire, not to mention they were designed in Texas. 

14 hours ago, TXGREEK said:

The Michelin Defenders were originally engineered for higher torque vehicles and are imho the best bang for your buck, they’re not a good snow or OffRoad tire.

Sent from Above

How are the most expensive tires best bang for the buck? That is like saying a BMW is the best bang for the buck vehicle...

Tyler

How are the most expensive tires best bang for the buck? That is like saying a BMW is the best bang for the buck vehicle...

Tyler

Hey, I thought you’d only pop up when Amsoil was brought up lol.
If you’d research you’d see for yourself. Heads up: We’re talking about Michelin’s not BMW and they’re 70k mile warranty tires with the Highest rated tires along with the largest amount of awards given. FYI, BMW’s are not that expensive and neither are Mercedes or other European vehicles but do fall in a class outside of most cars and do have a tendency to draw criticism from budget minded car buyers. Price doesn’t necessarily dictate the quality of a product, many years of experience does along with outstanding customer service and awards.

KO2’s are outstanding tires, sold more AT’s than all the other manufacturers AT tires combined therefore, always going to have critics as cost factor comes into play. The technology involved into the making of performance tires over just budget tires is extremely complex and driver specific. I’ve driven 4x4’s for the past 30 years, from Broncos, Tahoe’s, Yukon’s to LandCruisers and RangeRovers etc etc and when it comes to tires it’s all the same, you get what you pay for. Today, most tires are pretty good until you get around 15k miles as both the sets of Nitto Ridge Grapplers have proved me right, their siping starts to deteriorate quickly and it was my fault for jumping on the fad wagon. Arturo tires have been well documented as being budget junk.

And no this doesn’t make me a BFG Fan Boy as I’m sure some low IQ’d individuals may want to say.

Buy whatever you want, open up an Arturo Tire fan page, they’re still garbage and as stated on most OffRoad shops, they’re considered low end budget tires that seem to always have issues.
Just like different types of people in the world, there are leaders and there are followers. Buy what you want, different prices for different quality.

Sent from Above

Got my tires today.

Didn't want to wait 2 or 3days for the falkens, Cooper.

Purchased the Pathfinder AT.
Looks good thanks for the help.
$777.00
Out the door.

d761c8d21753226127925e44f2891209.jpgdeb2a45e2d7c353b9e2aefd12898585c.jpg255084f86094240cb5aa29c49ac97866.jpg

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Got my tires today.

Didn't want to wait 2 or 3days for the falkens, Cooper.

Purchased the Pathfinder AT.
Looks good thanks for the help.
$777.00
Out the door.

d761c8d21753226127925e44f2891209.jpgdeb2a45e2d7c353b9e2aefd12898585c.jpg255084f86094240cb5aa29c49ac97866.jpg

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

Congratulations! [emoji898][emoji322][emoji324][emoji323]

Sent from Above
  • Like 1

On 1/25/2020 at 7:12 AM, TXGREEK said:

Here’s a really great 50k mile review

https://outdoorx4.com/stories/bfgoodrich-ko2-long-term-review/

Sent from Above

That’s a good review.  I’ll probably put another 10-15k on mine and get something new.  Thinking at that point I’ll get a wheel and tire package so I can get 18” rims instead of these oem 20’s.  I want white letters!

• Like 1

That’s a good review.  I’ll probably put another 10-15k on mine and get something new.  Thinking at that point I’ll get a wheel and tire package so I can get 18” rims instead of these oem 20’s.  I want white letters!

I agree with you on getting 18’s rather than keeping the 20’s. If I could, I’d do the exact same thing and may even consider more expensive wheels cause then I’d have much more sidewall protecting my wheels. What are you thinking of getting, KO2’s?

Sent from Above
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, TXGREEK said:

I agree with you on getting 18’s rather than keeping the 20’s. If I could, I’d do the exact same thing and may even consider more expensive wheels cause then I’d have much more sidewall protecting my wheels. What are you thinking of getting, KO2’s?

Sent from Above

Yeah most likely another set of KO2’s.  My 20” rims are kinda scratched up, so that’s another reason I want 18’s.  There’s very little sidewall to protect the 20’s and I don’t want bigger overall diameter because of compromising towing and fuel economy.

• Like 1

Yeah most likely another set of KO2’s.  My 20” rims are kinda scratched up, so that’s another reason I want 18’s.  There’s very little sidewall to protect the 20’s and I don’t want bigger overall diameter because of compromising towing and fuel economy.

I also believe the biggest you can put without worrying about rubbing is a 275/60/20, imho not worth it and neither is leveling it.

Sent from Above

1 minute ago, TXGREEK said:

I also believe the biggest you can put without worrying about rubbing is a 275/60/20, imho not worth it and neither is leveling it.

Sent from Above

My truck has coil spacers up front and an AAL in back, but I’m still running 275-55-20s.  I’m not really lacking for ground clearance, traction is of the upmost importance though.  Most of my off-roading is forest roads and towing my dump trailer.  A bigger lift kit isn’t needed for my uses, but stock height was too low especially in snow.

My truck has coil spacers up front and an AAL in back, but I’m still running 275-55-20s.  I’m not really lacking for ground clearance, traction is of the upmost importance though.  Most of my off-roading is forest roads and towing my dump trailer.  A bigger lift kit isn’t needed for my uses, but stock height was too low especially in snow.

So you’re leveled up front with Bilsteins? Some 15’s but all 16-18 models have newer stamped steel UCA’s which cause rubbing when going just 275/60/20’s. I had that issue too but went through multiple sets of wheels and tires. Make sure your angles are straight or else it’ll have devastating results on your front end especially when off-roading.

I’d have to agree with you on traction, it’s all about the traction on trails, wet or dry roads. Adding larger tires “WILL” give you a crappy ride especially being leveled as well as bad mpg’s. Good luck

Sent from Above

1 hour ago, TXGREEK said:

So you’re leveled up front with Bilsteins? Some 15’s but all 16-18 models have newer stamped steel UCA’s which cause rubbing when going just 275/60/20’s. I had that issue too but went through multiple sets of wheels and tires. Make sure your angles are straight or else it’ll have devastating results on your front end especially when off-roading.

I’d have to agree with you on traction, it’s all about the traction on trails, wet or dry roads. Adding larger tires “WILL” give you a crappy ride especially being leveled as well as bad mpg’s. Good luck

Sent from Above

Which UCA is this?

UCA 2.jpg