KO2’s Continue to impress me

4 hours ago, TXGREEK said:

So you’re leveled up front with Bilsteins? Some 15’s but all 16-18 models have newer stamped steel UCA’s which cause rubbing when going just 275/60/20’s. I had that issue too but went through multiple sets of wheels and tires. Make sure your angles are straight or else it’ll have devastating results on your front end especially when off-roading.

I’d have to agree with you on traction, it’s all about the traction on trails, wet or dry roads. Adding larger tires “WILL” give you a crappy ride especially being leveled as well as bad mpg’s. Good luck

Sent from Above

My truck is a 14, and the front has 2” spacers above the coils.  It was like that when I bought it, so I have no idea what brand they are.  OEM shocks though.  I’ve had the truck for 40k miles so it’s been set up like that at least that long. I haven’t had any front end issues.

If I stayed with the 20’s I was going to try 285-55-20 tires. I really think 18’s is the way to go though.

My truck is a 14, and the front has 2” spacers above the coils.  It was like that when I bought it, so I have no idea what brand they are.  OEM shocks though.  I’ve had the truck for 40k miles so it’s been set up like that at least that long. I haven’t had any front end issues.

If I stayed with the 20’s I was going to try 285-55-20 tires. I really think 18’s is the way to go though.

I figured that, they’re definitely not stamped steel, you’re lucky. Tire size, I’d go for a taller tire rather than a wider cause wider tires have more resistance causing a drop in mpg’s. You can have discount tire test fit your setup too, 275/60/20’s.

Sent from Above

32 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

I figured that, they’re definitely not stamped steel, you’re lucky. Tire size, I’d go for a taller tire rather than a wider cause wider tires have more resistance causing a drop in mpg’s. You can have discount tire test fit your setup too, 275/60/20’s.

Sent from Above

You’re right, 285-55-20 is 11.7” wide which might be too much.  I think 285-65-18 is where I want to be, Little taller and little wider than 275-55-20.  They’re 11.5” wide.  There’s also the option of 265-70-18 which would be 10.7” wide.  I’d like to be around 32.5” tall so 639 revs per mile roughly.

You’re right, 285-55-20 is 11.7” wide which might be too much.  I think 285-65-18 is where I want to be, Little taller and little wider than 275-55-20.  They’re 11.5” wide.  There’s also the option of 265-70-18 which would be 10.7” wide.  I’d like to be around 32.5” tall so 639 revs per mile roughly.

Not sure about doing 65 instead of 60’s but you can still get it test fitted first, good luck and keep us posted

Sent from Above

You won’t have a problem with the 455e0f28503a0aa5a92194278c97234d.jpeg285/55r20. Had them on my last truck and had plenty of room to spare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2020 at 5:11 PM, rjpoog1989 said:

I’ve got 40 k miles on them.  When I got my truck inspected the other day they said 7/32 of tread left.

Today I got called into work during the worst part of today’s  winter storm. PennDOT was just starting to plow roads, but 70% of my journey was untouched.  I shut traction control off and made the whole 17 mile trek in 2wd without any issues.  I was doing the speed limit or better as long as no one was ahead of me.  I couldn’t ask for better traction.

40 and 7/32?! for the money they cost imo, thats horrible! 

I have 74K (without a speedo corretion) on this set of St Maxx and they are at 8 and 9/32.  This is my 3rd set and none have went under 70K. Always balance and have yet to have a Flat . and im not very cautious offroad. Mud, snow, mequite, cactus, hasnt ever mattered, whatever I have pushed them to they have went through. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, uh6tdrvr said:

40 and 7/32?! for the money they cost imo, thats horrible! 

I have 74K (without a speedo corretion) on this set of St Maxx and they are at 8 and 9/32.  This is my 3rd set and none have went under 70K. Always balance and have yet to have a Flat . and im not very cautious offroad. Mud, snow, mequite, cactus, hasnt ever mattered, whatever I have pushed them to they have went through. 

STT MAXX are not severe weather rated, so they can use a harder rubber compound that wears better.  They do not make sense for my use though because they don’t have that rating.  75% of the purpose of my truck is to make it to work and up my driveway in the worst of winter conditions.

• Like 1

Bought my KO2s on July 20, 2018 for my old 2004 GMC Sierra 1500. According to the service ticket from discount tire, my 2004 Sierra had 267,233 miles. So I put roughly 17,800 miles on the tires before I bought my 2018. Right now the tires have almost 40,000 miles on them, I'd have to do some digging to calculate the exact milage. I had trail grapplers before on the 2004 and the KO2s were so much better in every aspect. Much quieter and much better when raining. It doesn't snow in South Louisiana so I can't comment on snow performance. Still has plenty of tread. 

Edit: Heres a picture of today vs the day I got them. Probably more like 38000 miles

IMG_6974.jpg

IMG_6979.PNG

Edited by matt_009
  • Like 4

I have bought and loved the BFG All Terrains since the 90's when the white letters said "BF Goodrich Radial All-Terrain" loved those(so many white letters it looked like a white wall), loved the KO's, little disappointed in the KO2's.  I just wore out the KO2's I had on my 14 Silverado 1500 and got about 40k out of them, which is good for an AT in my opinion.  They still had maybe 3K left on them but Im in the wrong season here in PA to push it with tread depth.  The bad is how friggin' loud they got and how rough the ride got over the last 8k miles or so.  I contribute that to the E load rating and the stiff carcass but holy crap did those girls sing from about 35 mph and up.  At 50+mph it was terrible inside the cab.  I contribute the ride to a lack of tread absorbing road shock as they wore down.  I had never experienced that with any of the other generations of the BFG AT.  I struggled with the decision, but threw on Bridgestone Dueler AT Revo 3 to replace the BFG's, good so far in snow (maybe 4") and rain but they've only been on a week.  I can tell a difference in the ride quality and handling due to the B-Stone being almost 16# lighter per tire and not E load rated.  Not really a fair comparison but just my opinion at this point.  Running a 265 75 18 on a 2" (RC spacer with Cognito UCA's) level for what its worth.  

I have bought and loved the BFG All Terrains since the 90's when the white letters said "BF Goodrich Radial All-Terrain" loved those(so many white letters it looked like a white wall), loved the KO's, little disappointed in the KO2's.  I just wore out the KO2's I had on my 14 Silverado 1500 and got about 40k out of them, which is good for an AT in my opinion.  They still had maybe 3K left on them but Im in the wrong season here in PA to push it with tread depth.  The bad is how friggin' loud they got and how rough the ride got over the last 8k miles or so.  I contribute that to the E load rating and the stiff carcass but holy crap did those girls sing from about 35 mph and up.  At 50+mph it was terrible inside the cab.  I contribute the ride to a lack of tread absorbing road shock as they wore down.  I had never experienced that with any of the other generations of the BFG AT.  I struggled with the decision, but threw on Bridgestone Dueler AT Revo 3 to replace the BFG's, good so far in snow (maybe 4") and rain but they've only been on a week.  I can tell a difference in the ride quality and handling due to the B-Stone being almost 16# lighter per tire and not E load rated.  Not really a fair comparison but just my opinion at this point.  Running a 265 75 18 on a 2" (RC spacer with Cognito UCA's) level for what its worth.  

Revo’s are good tires too, just different ratings.

Sent from Above

Anyone running the DT version of K02? You have the DT version if your sidewall does not have the 3 peak symbol.

Different Tread (harder) compound for longer wear and comes with mileage warranty. But you loose the snow rating 3 peak symbol.

https://www.wanderthewest.com/forum/topic/17212-new-bfg-all-terrain-ta-ko2-dt-tires/

• Like 1

On 1/24/2020 at 9:55 AM, MY164X4 said:

Got my tires today.

Didn't want to wait 2 or 3days for the falkens, Cooper.

Purchased the Pathfinder AT.
Looks good thanks for the help.
$777.00
Out the door.

d761c8d21753226127925e44f2891209.jpgdeb2a45e2d7c353b9e2aefd12898585c.jpg255084f86094240cb5aa29c49ac97866.jpg

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

Looks good. I like that color and am partial to crew cab standard beds!

• Like 1

I’ve only seen a few reviews of 40k+ miles, but all positive so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here’s one for ya. I bought a set of 285/70/17’s for my 2010 2 wheel drive. Rode great, really quiet and a good semi-soft tire. I put a lot of highway miles on them back and forth from Cali and Vegas back here to Arizona. Took them off-road when I could and although they started chunking off when I got into big boulder type rocks, they rarely got me stuck. They had the cracking on all of them if I remember correctly also. One thing I didn’t do as often as I should was have them rotated. They tend to start cupping which was the source of the only road noise I ever had. I drove those things into the ground when my wife called and said she had a flat. Tread had actually come off of one [emoji51]. Best part, I got over 70k miles on them! The guy at discount was shocked when he looked it up. I thought about buying something cheaper but ended up getting the exact same tires again. I have never owned a set of A/T’s before but it’s gonna be pretty hard getting me to switch now. [emoji1360]
  • Like 2