Happy Birthday to me, 3500HD officially ordered!

Happy Birthday to me, with a late delivery [emoji4]

Not that I was in a big rush but I decided that I didn't want to budge on the features/options I wanted since I'd just end up ordering it anyway if I found a truck in stock missing some features.

Ended up ordering a 2020 Silverado 3500HD High Country, Duramax, Standard bed, 4WD and super stoked!

Options not including typical High Country items:

-  Iridescent Pearl Tricoat

-  Black/Umber interior

-  Interior Convenience package mainly for the all weather floor liners

-  Dark Essentials Package

-  Sunroof

-  Smoked Amber LED marker lights

-  Upfitter Switches

-  Trailer TPMS

- Auxiliary Trailer Camera (added on 1/20)

I'm getting $9k off MSRP + any additional incentives that will hopefully be available at time of delivery. If it were today it would be $2k for GM Loyalty incentive, so hoping for at least that. The guessed it would be roughly 60 days. 

No money/deposit down, super simple process. Just built my ideal truck right in front of them on the Chevy website, and he got it ordered in the system an hour later. When I had my Jag built I had to put down a $2k non-refundable deposit!

This will be quite the upgrade from my '19 Silverado 1500, which I loved so I know I'll love this even more!

I cannot wait!

1842602841_ScreenShot2020-01-18at4_55_19PM.thumb.png.d1acb6820faca028ce913e6b6c4d72b7.png

• Like 3

Congrats on the great deal.   Where did you go to find $9k off of MSRP?      I have seen some good prices at the Idaho dealers, but have not seen $9k off.
Thanks.

Yeah I found some good deals in Idaho and Montana as well for just over $8k off. Local Chevy dealers in Oregon hooked me up, local to me. Funny how different each dealer is, another local dealer wouldn’t even do half that, even with trucks on the lot. They seem more flexible on the 3500’s right now, but just enough to make prices similar to 2500’s.

Yep, dealers are funny that way.  In my area (San Francisco Bay Area) they do not dealer discount very much off of MSRP. 

I would not have a problem going up to Oregon, or anywhere else within a 1,000 miles for a great deal.

Which dealer did you order from in Oregon? 

Thanks. 

• Like 1

Yep, dealers are funny that way.  In my area (San Francisco Bay Area) they do not dealer discount very much off of MSRP. 
I would not have a problem going up to Oregon, or anywhere else within a 1,000 miles for a great deal.
Which dealer did you order from in Oregon? 
Thanks. 

For sure, I was willing to drive to. I just drove to SoCal last month and it wasn’t too bad at all, well worth the drive for a good deal.

Check out McGloughlin Chevy, a lot of great deals on their site, 2500’s and 3500’s
  • Thanks 1

Nice choice, after a long wait I'm finally picking up my new 3500 dually this Friday, can't wait to take it for a drive. Your truck will be amazing...enjoy.

Oh very nice! I’ve only seen one person on here so far with a dually, Chevy or GMC?

Did you get the dually because you need it or want it? :) just curious haha

And thanks, I can’t wait as well!

Oh yeah she’ll be a beast! Coming from my ‘19 1500 with the short bed, I was excited about the 2500/3500 standard bed still being almost a foot longer!

So the long bed is huge! But will be great for your 5th wheel! Make sure to post up a pic of everything loaded up!

I  bought a '19 DRW on closeout (which I use for my daily), and, coming from a standard box 2500, backing and tight-quarters turning had a bit of a learning curve.  But functionally the long box has lots of advantages, including added towing stability and bed capacity.  The tradeoffs between these two configurations are real, but all-in-all I have been happy with the DRW, especially when towing heavy.  The difference when hauling heavy really is a big advantage. 

• Like 1

I  bought a '19 DRW on closeout (which I use for my daily), and, coming from a standard box 2500, backing and tight-quarters turning had a bit of a learning curve.  But functionally the long box has lots of advantages, including added towing stability and bed capacity.  The tradeoffs between these two configurations are real, but all-in-all I have been happy with the DRW, especially when towing heavy.  The difference when hauling heavy really is a big advantage. 

Ha, yeah with the extra width AND length I can imagine the learning curve! My 1500 short bed was decent for me but one of my bikes was maybe an inch or two too long for me to load it straight in the bed and be able to close the tailgate, so for me and my needs the standard bed will be perfect. Will even be nice for when I throw the SUP in the bed.

One of these days it would be interesting to tow the same trailer with an SRW and then a DRW to see the difference. As you mentioned I’m sure it’s very noticeable with more stability

I can’t wait to post up a photo of mine, first step for me is to receive the production date from GM haha

Great news guys!

I'm still waiting for my dealer to get an allocation to match my order to for my Denali DRW.

I will have a little adjustment with the turning radius with the DRW being at 57 feet!

Especially since I am used to my 2003 1500HD Quadrasteer that has a radius of 37 feet!

But I guess my Denali will be able to run circles around my QS!  ?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, FirstAscent said:

One of these days it would be interesting to tow the same trailer with an SRW and then a DRW to see the difference. As you mentioned I’m sure it’s very noticeable with more stability

I tow among other things a 14k flatbed, a 14k dump trailer, and the longest travel trailer Denali makes (about 10k wet).  The most noticeable difference is the travel trailer.  In the 2500s, the TT would porpoise on me heading down the highway over little bumps and I really got pulled around in a wind.  With the DRW, there is pretty much no porpoising (even without a weight-distribution hitch) and it is substantially more stable with things like side winds.  

• Like 1