What are average GMC Incentives??

Hi, I'm new here guys, not sure if this is the best spot for this topic. Anyways, I'm looking for some insight on GM (sierra) incentives. Looking to buy a new elevation. Right now the discounts as of January 2020 are $6500 off(on 2019s), and 0% up to 72 months. I also have access to preferred pricing all year round. I'm just curious how high incentives have gotten on any year and if this $6500 is really good? I also don't understand how they "stack" with preferred pricing. They say preferred is invoice plus 2%. And on an identical truck, from one dealer to another, I've gotten 3 different prices.

Anyways, long story short, is $6500 off really high? Or is it average, and I can watch closely through 2020 for just as good of a deal, when I have more selection, or can possibly build EXACTLY what I want. I'm not in a rush. Thank you in advance for any input!

I would expect invoice minus rebates. So if you get say $5000 off with dealer discount plus $6500 in rebates and 0% for 72 that would be decent.  I have seen 19s going for $14500 off around me but I’m sure they are paying interest. 

I've had an offer that shows the invoice pricing, plus rebates, and been offered 0%. Obviously they push the longer term at 0.99%, so they make more. I'm basically just trying to find out if $6500 off is a lot or not. I see other brands offer almost 10-12k off of msrp. So it's really hard to tell. And then they all just make the msrp higher than they'd ever sell for, so everyone feels like they are getting a deal. IE, let's say this truck is worth 80k, and sell it for 60 so they feel like they are getting a steal of a deal, and yet it cost 40k to make. Whereas if they advertised it at 60, and sold it at 60, it wouldn't "feel" like a deal. 

Basically, for people that have purchased 2019 models, what was the highest incentives, off of MSRP that you received? Any input is greatly appreciated, and thanks to the above responses!

I have an LT that msrp at 51k and I got it for 35k. That’s with a clunker for a trade. They said they gave me 2k for the trade. So I payed around 37k. Out the door at 39k. Also, I took their high interest rate (3.85) to get another incentive and am about to refi with a local credit union. Like the other have said, I don’t believe you can get incentives plus 0%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know *for sure* I can get the incentives with 0%. Not only does it say on most of the websites that it does, but the offers I've been presented show similar numbers. That's a pretty good discount you got Wildery! No idea what the actual incentives were though hey? I'm trying with a new dealer now without mentioning 0%, or preferred pricing, just to see what they come in at. Some dealers offer their own discounts since they are trying to clear out 2019's, which gets it very close to preferred anyways. So it's really tough to tell. No matter what they are making lots of money on us. Again, thanks for input!

some dude on "what did you pay for your truck" says he just got 61k 2020 sierra for 45k otd…...idk interest rate but still that's smokin deal on 2020 if true....PS: sorry it was 45k plus TTL not OTD still really good

invoice pricing is made up, its not really what they pay (you will never see that piece of paper)

negotiate price and get your own financing...if they can beat it great but at least youll have it and can use it to negotiate better...

take your time and research, and contact tons of dealers thru emails, lot easier, more convienant and gotten better deals this way vs walking in

when I bought my 19 I went to few other dealers after I already had a "deal" in place....they said no way will they do that deal, I don't qualify and blah blah...they said "youll see"....well they were wrong and probably knew it.....doesn't matter what incentives are, let them figure it out.....bottom line is what you pay for truck.....I got almost 28% off MSRP and have heard many more like it or better....just tell em what you want to pay and move on, see what happens.....6k off MSRP is way too high....shoot for 20% minimum....theyre out there

Edited by Dunn