In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

lulu88

GM 8 Speed Transmission. On the new GM 1500 Trucks

try the trans re-learn procedure at the dealer

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By silveradoman72
      Looking to get a decent set of chains/other traction device for my Silverado. I have P265/65/R18 size tires and the owners manual says to not use chains with this size tire as there isn't enough clearance and you risk damage to the vehicle. It also says "Use another type of traction device only if its manufacturer recommends it for use on the vehicle and tire size combination"

My question is... has anybody out there found a manufacturer/model of chains where the manufacturer recommends it for this tire size on a 1500?
    • By Nickisfatt
      So i have a 2021 Silverado Custom and Ive been wanting to upgrade my clusters and Steering wheel.  I see alot of people saying it the Audio controls dont work because of the radio but from what I've seen there are LT trims that also have IOR radios(like the customs and w/t) and Steering wheel controls.  With that being said, then the wiring is possible for steering wheel audio controls to work, no? and if the clusters are swapped as well, wouldnt the steering wheel be able to connect to the new clusters?
    • By Rebelboy
      Whats the best undercoating or rust prevetor  in your opinion?
    • By Coby Stebbins
      Me and my buddy did a crate 350 swap and we have rewired and hooked everyone up. We have rechecked starter charged battery but still nothing we need it to start to get timing right for it. Anything helps on ideas to start
    • By Matthew Meisling
      Trying to install an output converter for a sub install. through reading in the other threads they talk about a white blue/black wire for the right speaker i don't seem to have those wires it is a non bose system